Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 48

Linuxser:
It's a simple EMA CROSS

The section: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

The EA: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173468

Just put a big number into stops and trailings.

Thank you, its easy to search when i know the right section!

Futures spreads charts

Is there something out there that could plot the spread between futures , for example heating oil and natural gas (futures are on the WHC platform).

It might have been done somewhere as part of a correlation idea but I can't find it.

Futures spreads trend very well and have seasonal patterns so I'd like to see them on MT4

Thanks

First post

I am so glad to have found you guys! This is truly a great forum! Please forgive me if I'm posting wrong, or in the wrong place, but I usually only read as I haven't much to contribute...yet. I found an ea on FF forum which I really like. It was written by trendchaser so I hope I am not out of line by asking for help from others. The ea trades well as is (except for trailing stop which moves in both directions) but my day job will not let me trade it without a few more bells and whistles. I have spent hours trying to make the changes myself with no progress.

This EA is based on Psar and has an hour time filter but no minutes. Minutes would be great. Also when end hour comes the EA stops trading (good thing) but any trades that were opened are just left hanging (bad thing). I will be at work at that time and cannot manage the trades manually (remember trailing stop broken). Is there a way to tell the EA to continue to manage open trades after End Hour? If the profit target is reached it will close but otherwise it just waits until Start Hour to close the trade.

Two other things which would be most helpful 1) I would like the ea to stop trading until next start time if Xpips profit are made and 2) is it possible to have a sort of reverse martingale, if last trade negative step up lots for next trade? I'm not sure if this would be a good thing but I would like to try it.

If anyone would help me with this task I would be very grateful. I am going to post this in TC's forum but he really has a lot on his plate with the super EAs.

Again if this request is out of line I apologize.

Thanks for your time,

Donna

Files:

WilliamsPR Alert

Can any of you coder gurus please help me with the WilliamsPR Alert indicator? I would like it to display an object (circle, arrow, whatever) above/below any candle that closes above or below the -5 or -95 level. I have attached a screenshot with the areas highlighted for you to see. It already gives a popup alert but I want a non repainting object that only shows once the candle is complete.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Files:

bollinger bands quick fix

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to make it so the mid line in the

bollinger bands will change color depending on direction ... ie,

When market is up midline color is green, when market is flat mid

line color is yellow, when market is down mid line color would be

red.

Any one who knows how to make this possible your help would be

greatly appreciated.

meta trader 4

thanks in advance

~Colin

Look at this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173179 (post #32) and some other posts:

It is PriceChannel_Signal_v1.2 indicator on the image.

Besides there are some other indicators with midline color changed, for example:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178072

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page68

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Files:

Hello,

I have found this scalping tecnic in the neiborhood and wondering if we have an EA to do this :

"At the request of a few others, I would like to take this opportunity to start this thread pertaining to scalping a few pips from this particular pair. Have had good results over this past year utilizing this system, and wish to see if there is some interest generated in the forum. Rules are simple: Open a 5m chart and plot the following: (1) 2 SMA and 5 SMA with a weighted close. (2) Stochastics set at 5-3-3. (3) ADX set at 4. Trigger is when 2 SMA hits or crosses 5 SMA, Stochastics read above 20 for a buy signal or below 80 for a sell signal, and ADX has converged or crossed from the bottom heading north. The ADX colors I utilize are green for the +DI and red for the -DI. Those of you that are system traders will easily recognize this aspect of the ADX indicator. Goal is to obtain 3 pips net profit per trade and stop loss is 5-6 pips depending on your own tolerance. I personally use a MENTAL stop loss with all trades and have my finger set to close a trade at all times. This will help relieve the neccesity of adding a take profit and stop loss manually and ease concern for brokers who may or may not hunt stop loss levels. You will need to be quick on the trigger here and concentrate. In addition, I never trade during major news announcements and trade from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 am PST. This time offers decent volatility and encompasses the later part of the London session and first several hours of the U.S. session. With these simple rules, you can easily set up the stated peramaters and back test this system on your own. You will find it to be approx. 90% effective and generate approx. 8 - 12 trades daily during this time frame. It is important to note that, as with other menchanical systems, all indicators are lagging so the best way to confirm signals is to have a 1m chart open and set the same indicators (with the same settings) to this chart. There are no S/R levels and trend is not of paramount concern when seeking only 3 pips. Simple mathematics will indicate that, by trading one (1) full contract, one is easily able to generate $200.00 - $300.00 daily to begin with. Obviously, as your account grows, you will be able to trade multiple contracts and earn a very nice income. If you want to actively trade - this works well, it is not a set and forget system. Further, it may be effective on higher TF's, but, I prefer the 5m exclusively. Like they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Thanks for your time and best of fortune trading. Keith"

Cheers

B

waterskiguy:
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to make it so the mid line in the

bollinger bands will change color depending on direction ... ie,

Or, drop BB on chart and then drop XPma from codersguru or FX Sniper MA above.

Files:
adxmacd072.gif  19 kb

anyone seen this on mt4?

hi all;

I hope i'm posting in the right forum, but have anyone seen this indicator, i think it is whitening the bar after three consecative lows/highs, i have seen this somewhere but can't remember weher, any help would be appreciated

Files:
indicator.jpg  24 kb

This is scalper indicatort in ninja trader

Cheers

B

Reason: