Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 46

Hey Linuxser,

I think we need to develop and backtest as many manual strategies as possible. A real strategy should be tradeable with with currency pair, any time frame, under any market condition.

All real traders I have had the pleasure of having a discussion with have said the same thing: Any pair, any time frame, any market, minimum number of degrees of freedom to be optimized.

Manual trading strategies are on this elite section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Wonderer

Hi guys, I was wondering if some one can help me make an EA out of these 2 indicators. One would be the Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed and N4 TF HAS Bar. I would like the setting to open an order at the close of the bar that shows 3 consecutive blue or red dots on the 4TF indicator. If 3 blue dots show on the 4TF then it would open a buy order and if its 3 red dots then it would open sell.

I would want to place a 10 pip stop for protection and 10 pip trailing profit. The main test would be on the EUR/USD pair on 15min chart. Please see picture. I tried this manually and I got more losers than winners but the winners' pips is way more than the losers', only because I'm trying to catch the big wave and if i'm wrong 5 times then so be it. We can always tweak the stop and trailing profit.

Check this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176023 - there are some links to EAs.

Programmer requested

I am looking for MT4 programmer with reasonable rates to code an EA for me that will offer suggestions on features (money management, etc.) to improve the results after I submit the specs. I have tried various programmers, but they all refused to offer suggestions on features.

M30 timeframe seems to have lesser drawdowns over the same period of time (1-Apr-2008 to 28-Apr-2008)

Why ex4?

Is it expiration date?

Because no any commercial is allowed in elite section ...

No expiration, no limitations... Just I am getting such underwhelming response to my Cable Ambush EA (where I need some professional help), that I didn't feel like publishing source code for this fully functioning EA.

Is it against the rules of this section?

Cheers, Kris

We are having more EAs in elite section than I even can test for 1 year more and all EAs are mql4 files. Because no reason to speak without mql4 as no one will know what the author programmed inside and why EA opened buy or sell for example.

Daily Cams EA

Camarilla Pivots are some of my favourite indicators. If you are not familiar, go to camarillaequation.com to understand the logic.

I used the Daily Cam levels as an indicator, but I designed my own strategy (EA) with somewhat different logic to above reference. The EA turns-out to work well on GBP/USD, M15 timeframe (M5 and M30 is also profitable, but to a lesser extent).

Cheers, Kris

Reason: