Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 16

GBPUSD only!

If not risky so try StepMAExpert_v1.45 and SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.21 for GBPUSD. It is not very risky EAs.

More risky is TradersPowerExpert_v1.2 and StepMAExpert_v1.42 (GBPUSD). More risky but those two EAs are very profitable. I am taking about the risk concerning backtesting: this EA is trading often (one per day in average) so it should be the losses.

Do not forget about MM: adjust it for yourself (or ask me in this thread). MM depends on your deposit size.

You may find those EAs together with pre-set files (and indicators) in files thread and in portfolio section of this elite section (they are in different places posted, sometimes with explanation).

But be carefully with the broker.

I don't know which broker you are using but if you are using IBFX broker so wait for new Igorad's EA (StepPortfolio_v3.1). This EA designed for IBFX broker and participating in metaquotes contest. I have it but I am testing the other version (StepPortfolioPart_v1). This EA was coded especially for GBPUSD and traded 3 pairs (GBPUSD, USDJPY and GBPJPY) depends on GBPUSD movement. Should be very profitable. I am testing this EA on IBFX (Metaquotes demo is having ibfx demo account now) just to do it simultaniously with Igorad's contest trading.

Looks very good.

nyachty:
Hello Newdigital, Great thread! I really enjoy all the work shared. I have, what I think, is the holy grail for what I've been looking for but with no alert attached to it. Is it possible to get this indicator to work as an alert? Thank you so much in a advance.

Hello NYACHTY

Any luck with the indicator, if you get the sound one please PM me. I am looking for the same thing.

Thanks In advance

Peace

How to stop trading (in test) before indicator is ready?

I'm working on a simple EA that trades up or down when a MA changes direction. The problem is that when I run the Strategy Tester, it trades right from the start without waiting for the MA to start working. In other words, if I use a 40 bar period MA, I don't want the EA to start trading until after 40 bars have been calculated..

I'm sure it's easy, but I can't seem to work it out. Who can guide a newbie to the solution to this problem?

TIA,

Brian-

EA Help with Stoploss and Takeprofit

I have attached EA I have been tinkering with and testing. It doesn't place the StopLoss and TakeProfit level that I enter into the settings when it places an order. For example, I have a StopLoss value of 30 and a TakeProfit value of 60 defined in the settings, However it just place a Sell order for USD/CAD at Sellprice of 1.1217 and set a SL of 1.1283(66 pips) and a TP of 1.1193(24 pips)

Can someone with programming knowledge please assist with resolving this bug??? I have given it a valiant effort with no results.

I'm wondering too if someone might review the EA and tell me if the MA144 is a good MA to use for this EA or if there might be a better MA to run it with?

Thanks to All who review this thread and offer their assistance?

Need help on Money Management

Well, I need help on money management.

I need a formula that return the lot size, considering the following:

- Leverage of account

- free Margin

- Lotsize

- Risk

Actually I'm using this formula:

lotMM = MathCeil(AccountFreeMargin() * Risk / 1000) / 100

But this does not take in mind the leverage of the account, so the risk can be much bigger than "Risk".

Can I use this?

lotMM = MathCeil(AccountFreeMargin() * Risk / 1000) / AccountLeverage()

Any ideas?

kokas:
Well, I need help on money management.

I need a formula that return the lot size, considering the following:

- Leverage of account

- free Margin

- Lotsize

- Risk

Actually I'm using this formula:

lotMM = MathCeil(AccountFreeMargin() * Risk / 1000) / 100

But this does not take in mind the leverage of the account, so the risk can be much bigger than "Risk".

Can I use this?

lotMM = MathCeil(AccountFreeMargin() * Risk / 1000) / AccountLeverage()

Any ideas?

Look at those two library files. There are many MM codes inside. You may use them also as MM including some lines inside the code of EA. I am using them sometimes.

Files:
b-lots.zip  1 kb
lot_lib.zip  4 kb

There is a good library example, Thanks newdigital

Do you have more examples of MQL programing ?

I learned MQL after try to understand how work most EA out there but I will like more library examples.

Thanks Newdigital for the libs, but I still dont get it how is possible not to enter with account leverage on Money Managment.

I think this must be part of the equation.

Scalper Request

Firstly, hello to all elite forum members!...

I am looking for a scalper that wll close the trade in seconds at least in a minute or so..... It must not stay open for hours -- only seconds or a minute or so.. I will be introduced to a group that will allow scalping; I need a scalper as I describe above, since this type of scalper is what th group I will work with asks... Is there anyone that has such EA for metatrader?..

gorinw9:
Firstly, hello to all elite forum members!... I am looking for a scalper that wll close the trade in seconds at least in a minute or so..... It must not stay open for hours -- only seconds or a minute or so.. I will be introduced to a group that will allow scalping; I need a scalper as I describe above, since this type of scalper is what th group I will work with asks... Is there anyone that has such EA for metatrader?..

yes, what is the entry exit criteria?

Reason: