Martingale EA - page 46

ElectricSavant:
I think that wolfe has done an incredible job of coding and stumbling in the dark with us and I want to suggest that we all chip in and send him a gift when we get an EA that can consistently be profitable with a reasonable drawdown.

I am convinced if we can come up with an idea...that wolfe can code it!

ES

Thanks for the confidence ES.

A profitable working EA will be gift enough for me. All these ideas so far have been from people contributing to this thread. I'm just the guy stumbling around trying to code them.

Hmm, am I just sleeping at the wheel, but it seems TFX_Kayvan_v1 wasn't taking profit. I tried it on the EUR/USD H1 TF with a TP (not percentage) of 10 and it was 20+ pips in profit and more and it still did not close the trade. One thing I should note is that I DID set Money Management to true.

In either case this kayvan modification is surprisingly profitable when compared to the original version.

I am now testing the latest version "TFX_Kayvan" and will report my findings.

wolfe:
This could be for many reasons. Here's a couple-

case 4: error_string="trade server is busy";

case 6: error_string="no connection with trade server";

case 128: error_string="trade timeout";

case 135: error_string="price changed";

case 137: error_string="broker is busy (never returned error)";

case 138: error_string="requote";

case 146: error_string="trade context is busy";

These are just a few of the errors that can be returned by your brokers server, making it next to impossible to ALWAYS have a trade execute exactly at the price point you want! Don't forget about that nasty little thing called slippage either.

Unfortunately there is not much I can do about these problems.

i kbow about that errors ,that`s why i waited for the next bar(as you can see in picture,2 bars later ) maybe active sell in next bar . the market was calm no errors of kind of you count above .

i monitored it`s act very closely it often has a good reaction in first and second order but it has problem with the rest.

usually at which time you are on line , wolfe? in gmt please.

may i have your id in yahoo messenger ? mine is farzaadi

Q. what slippage option does in ea ? please give me an example . sorry for such a questions .

Hi Wolfe and Kayvan,

I loaded TFX_Kayvanin a 15M Cable this morning, and set it for 1.00 take profit and you can see the result - despite enough movement, not able to make the profit target. ( I changed the take profit to a minor loss at the end). I used 15m timeframe to see any bugs, errors quickly. I used 0.01 lot increment.

1. Is it not suitable for any other timeframe other than 1H? Why it took 11 progressions? Is there any logic missing?

In my opinion, the sells should not trigger above the value of the highest sell? - ( vice- versa for buys). This will make this EA robust.

2.Third trade triggered twice - see the blue marked sell in second picture. Why?

3. After you set the EA to Auto Restart - False, the EA stops the cycle after closing all the trades, but the popup message about the auto restart comes again and again - even after You uncheck the "allow live trading " in the EA control - until you remove the EA from the chart- Wolfe, please look into this.

Thanks

Files:
cable.gif  40 kb
cable1.gif  46 kb

hi sivach

yes you are right it has a lot of errors that we hope wolfe concern about them.

Thanks Kayvan,

kayvan:
hi sivach yes you are right it has a lot of errors that we hope wolfe concern about them.

Folks,

wolfe is a kind soul. But please remember to simply state what you are seeing as testers. We sometimes get very excited and forget that wolfe is not working for us, but he is working for himself. He wants a profitable EA as bad as you and as he stated he is doing this to get one. I think that we should talk privatley later about sending him a gift after the kayvan EA is polished...eventhough he does not want one.

The fill problems and slippage there is nothing that can be done. So perhaps kayvans method is best left to manual trading.

Other coders can look at wolfes work if he permits it and the ordersend routine can be checked...but there really is not much more that can be done unless the code could be cleaned up and made more efficient.

Please be polite and when asking wolfe for upgrades be kind and realize he has a family and kids and does this after he comes home from a full time job. Slow down folks, the sky is not falling.

ES

As it stands now with the current kayvan EA...I have had three wins without any meaningful drawdown...

Just use a 0.1 per 1K with a 0.1 increment and "double lotsize" with a 5 buck TP on H1 cable...try it and watch...little profits daily add up to 10-50% per month.

ES

ElectricSavant:
As it stands now with the current kayvan EA...I have had three wins without any meaningful drawdown...

Just use a 0.1 per 1K with a 0.1 increment and "double lotsize" with a 5 buck TP on H1 cable...try it and watch...little profits daily add up to 10-50% per month.

ES

I concur ES I've had several CLOSED profitable trade with the new TFX_Kayvan EA.

I've attached a statement as proof.

21326633 2008.02.14 06:35 buy 0.50 gbpusd 1.9627 0.0000 0.0000 2008.02.15 04:47 1.9687 0.00 0.00 3.25 300.00

All trade BELOW this one are tied to the new EA. All the trades above were with the previous version of the EA (TFX_kayvan_v1). As you can see it did catch some profitable trades, but wasn't able to close them. I used the exact same settings for both EAs.

statement follows

Files:
statement_1.htm  26 kb
Reason: