Martingale EA - page 51

wolfe...it is amazing that you even try to daisy chain all this stuff...it must be a daunting job to draw a tree of all the related operations and the compounding commands required to link all the "if's", "and's" and "or's" together...I get confused thinking about the order in which things must be organized efficiently...

Anyways, I have my hands full testing the current kayvan product and I am excited as to how it performs next week

I am looking forward to the new TFX Solution™

ES

wolfe:
ES, I like your ideas, and will try to implement them. The more options, the more complicated the coding becomes. This could take a while.

Those were implematations to the earlier versions that I had requested...the kayvan version has a different approach as far as I am concerned and these are no longer needed...

The new & improved TFX Solution™ does not need those entry methods in the machine any longer.

ES

wolfe:
In an attempt to include some new options, it would make my job much easier if I could get rid of a few old ones. I want to know if anybody uses the following options- and if they would not want them removed from the next version of TFX.

First option-

extern bool Use_Manual_Entry=false;//if selected true you must enter Manuel_Long & Manuel_Short price you want trade to execute

extern double Manual_Long=0;//Price at which to start cycle long

extern double Manual_Short=0;//Price at which to start cycle short[/PHP]

Second option-

[PHP]extern bool Use_Start_Long_NOW=false;//if true EA will start long immediately

extern bool Use_Start_Short_NOW=false;//if true EA will start short immediately
Speak up now before they go bye bye.

Well I do not understand how to code...this is your department. To make sure that I am communicating the two variables... let me go over them again:

1) Pyramid example: Long at 1.5500 then with a lookback of 1 with a 2 pip entrylag ..lets pretend the next candlestick opened and proceeded to go up past the previous candlestick high...up ...up...and up...it went up to 1.5502 but there is a two pip spread....so nothing happened...it continued up to 1.5504 Bam! trigger....another long was added!....the global TP takes us out...we are rich and move to the Bahama's for the summer

2) Average down example: Long at 1.5500 then with a lookback of 1 with a 2 pip entrylag ...lets pretend the next candlestick opened down ...down ...down past the previous candlestick low..it went down to 1.5498...thats was enough because we are buying on the drop...bam we are in! Bahama's for the second summer...this time in our Yacht!

ES

wolfe:
How about simply an input such as this-

Logic=1; //1=trend, 2=counter-trend

Trying to figure out good ways to implement all the new ideas, without over complicating the code.

ElectricSavant:
Well I do not understand how to code...this is your department. To make sure that I am communicating the two variables... let me go over them again:

1) Pyramid example: Long at 1.5500 then with a lookback of 1 with a 2 pip entrylag ..lets pretend the next candlestick opened and proceeded to go up past the previous candlestick high...up ...up...and up...it went up to 1.5502 but there is a two pip spread....so nothing happened...it continued up to 1.5504 Bam! trigger....another long was added!....the global TP takes us out...we are rich and move to the Bahama's for the summer

2) Average down example: Long at 1.5500 then with a lookback of 1 with a 2 pip entrylag ...lets pretend the next candlestick opened down ...down ...down past the previous candlestick low..it went down to 1.5498...thats was enough because we are buying on the drop...bam we are in! Bahama's for the second summer...this time in our Yacht!

ES

I get it now. Happy sailing!

ElectricSavant:

2) Average down example: Long at 1.5500 then with a lookback of 1 with a 2 pip entrylag ...lets pretend the next candlestick opened down ...down ...down past the previous candlestick low..it went down to 1.5498...thats was enough because we are buying on the drop...bam we are in!

ES

Maybe I don't get it lets see-

In this situation, if the price went up would we then sell?

Well it must consider the:

LastEntryFilter user input choice of true or false

as there are some that do not want to enter unless it exceeds...

but in your example it would reverse anyways...

if it went up yes we would sell...as we we would be reversing and fading the up...

ES

P.S. The lastentryfilter of true is preferable for this bi-directional averaging down method in my opinion...but it is the testers choice. But again for the immediate reversal the lastentryfilter does not matter..it is for the subsuquent non reversal entries

wolfe:
Maybe I don't get it lets see- In this situation, if the price went up would we then sell?

To further explain:

with Pyramid set to "False"

AND....

LastEntryFilter set to "True"

AND...

Doubling and Sequential set to "False" with a start of 0.1 and an increment of 0.1 per 1K and a conservative TP.

What you will get is a widening band until it is wide enough to take one side out when the price returns to the middle..there is a hedge watching DD also...

ES

P.S. This is just one example of the TFX Solution™ and its power to give the user a user friendly definable EA utility incorporating Lcfx's ...yours and kayvan's ideas...

New traders do not worry...

I am in hopes of page after page of setfiles from the testers...the combinations are great.

You will be able to load the setfiles and simply trade and learn...do not worry if your confused...all will become clear if wolfe can pull this off..

ES

hmm. I cant' add to that .!. Is there any luck with the max profit get out?

I know wolfe was testing .. but I don't know if thats working.

Reason: