Martingale EA - page 34

lcfxtrader:
Wolfe,

Let me know when you are up to the task on the correlation grid ea.

LCFX

O.K.

ajk:
The programming can be challenging to allow in a martingale. -- I have not reviewed this ea yet... are your orders are individually closed? if so, it is doable.

TFX v1_5 has a Double_Lotsize option in the external variables. Select true if you want each lot size double the previous order.

Pretty risky to do this though.

wolfe,

read the reply you quoted...the word was DOable not double..

ES

wolfe:
TFX v1_5 has a Double_Lotsize option in the external variables. Select true if you want each lot size double the previous order. Pretty risky to do this though.

You can probably change the 2 to 1.5 on the lot size.

ElectricSavant:
wolfe,

read the reply you quoted...the word was DOable not double..

ES

Woops! You're right!

Well to answer the actual question:

TFX closes all the orders in a close all loop. Such as this:

int CBM(int intMagic)//CloseByMagic

{

int intOffset=0;

int Count = OTBM(intMagic);

while(OTBM(intMagic)>0 && Count > 0)

{

OrderSelect(intOffset,SELECT_BY_POS);

if(OrderMagicNumber()==intMagic)

{

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_BID),999,Red);

else if(OrderType()==OP_SELL) OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_ASK),999,Orange);

Count--;

}

else {

intOffset++;

}

}

return(0);

}

Don't know if that's exactly what ajk was asking, but that's how the EA closes orders.

Another back test to illustrate the implementation of a trailing stop used to close the cycle.

In this test after your profit was >= $10.00, a trailing stop was initiated, and would close all orders if you lost more than 50% of your HIGHEST total orders positive profit.

Should be fun to test, still have some work to do. Notice the HUGE draw down spike towards the end.

Files:
ph4.gif  11 kb
ph4.htm  374 kb

Martingales when they hit the tp usually combine a bunch of open orders and close them and "tie them together:. Ea's like bilksem for example

allowes the orders to be managed individually. The weekness of martingales, is basically what you described... letting your profits run. I like this type of ea.. .I just don't know yet on what to do with it.

Also, with Bilksem or with an ea like predator,,, it was only a martingale on the negative after the entry. This is a positive.

These martingales are "beast" and typically blow out---its just the way it is. ..You always have a loser and it goes against you so somehow you have to entend your wins. The programming of that is very, very hard.

I do not mean to be a downer here...I have toi first find something that goes positive to EVEN consider a TS..

I like the indicator dependent entry idea better..

ES

wolfe:
Another back test to illustrate the implementation of a trailing stop used to close the cycle.

In this test after your profit was >= $10.00, a trailing stop was initiated, and would close all orders if you lost more than 50% of your HIGHEST total orders positive profit.

Should be fun to test, still have some work to do. Notice the HUGE draw down spike towards the end.

ElectricSavant:
I do not mean to be a downer here...I have toi first find something that goes positive to EVEN consider a TS..

I like the indicator dependent entry idea better..

ES

This does use an indicator dependent entry, only uses TS as an exit AFTER you have achieved a certain profit level.

It's more of a "profit protection" method than a TS. It is using your profit levels, takes into account every new high, and protects a set percentage of your profits. Hopefully allowing them to increase, rather than just settling for a small TP level. That was the idea anyway.

Would you rather use an indicator for exit as well as entry? Or, just stick with a set TP level?

Here is another example of this feature:

Files:
ph410.gif  11 kb
ph410.htm  403 kb

no no no...carry on...I like it

wolfe:
This does use an indicator dependent entry, only uses TS as an exit AFTER you have achieved a certain profit level.

It's more of a "profit protection" method than a TS. It is using your profit levels, takes into account every new high, and protects a set percentage of your profits. Hopefully allowing them to increase, rather than just settling for a small TP level. That was the idea anyway.

Would you rather use an indicator for exit as well as entry? Or, just stick with a set TP level?

Here is another example of this feature:
Reason: