Harmonic Zigzags - page 41

swing length and time indicator????

can anyone help me find the indicator responsible for the white number in the parenthesis at the end of each swing?

this image was taken from post #13 on page 2.

Files:
numbers.gif  41 kb

ExtPPwithBars parameter

To see it, use in ZUP ExtPPwithBars=

0 - shows the value of retracement in Pesavento patterns

1 - shows the value of retracement in Pesavento patterns and displays in brackets the amount of bars between ZigZag peaks for this given retracement.

2 - shows the value of retracement in Pesavento patterns and displays in brackets the amount of bars between ZigZag peaks individually for the fisrt and for the second ZigZag rays.

3 - shows in brackets the time retracement after the price retracement. The time retracement is calculated as ratio between the amount of bars on the second ZigZag ray and that on the first ZigZag ray.

4 - shows in brackets the time retracement calculated as ratio between the second ray development time and the first ray development time.

5 - shows in brackets the ratio between areas of rectangles constructed on two neighboring rays of ZigZag. ZigZag rays are diagonals of these rectangles.

6 - shows in brackets the amount of points and percents, by which the current price of ZigZag break differs from the number from the selected set of Fibo levels (or from the corresponding Fibo level). For example, 2. 618 (7/2.81%). Number 7 in brackets means that the Fibo level of 2.618 goes 7 points or 2.81% above the bar maximum. If 7 is negative, the Fibo level of 2.618 goes 7 points below the bar maximum.

Pucio:

1 - shows the value of retracement in Pesavento patterns and displays in brackets the amount of bars between ZigZag peaks for this given retracement.

2 - shows the value of retracement in Pesavento patterns and displays in brackets the amount of bars between ZigZag peaks individually for the fisrt and for the second ZigZag rays.

3 - shows in brackets the time retracement after the price retracement. The time retracement is calculated as ratio between the amount of bars on the second ZigZag ray and that on the first ZigZag ray.

4 - shows in brackets the time retracement calculated as ratio between the second ray development time and the first ray development time.

5 - shows in brackets the ratio between areas of rectangles constructed on two neighboring rays of ZigZag. ZigZag rays are diagonals of these rectangles.

6 - shows in brackets the amount of points and percents, by which the current price of ZigZag break differs from the number from the selected set of Fibo levels (or from the corresponding Fibo level). For example, 2. 618 (7/2.81%). Number 7 in brackets means that the Fibo level of 2.618 goes 7 points or 2.81% above the bar maximum. If 7 is negative, the Fibo level of 2.618 goes 7 points below the bar maximum.

Pucio,

do you have an english translation of the explenation of all the parameters in ZUP ?

thank you,

mario

ZUP instruction

ZUP - MQL4: search

ExtPPWithBars in ZUP

Pucio,

thank you very much for posting translations explaining the function of values 0-6 for the ExtPPWithBars variable in ZUP.

I noticed that the articles in the MQL4 search from your link in post 406 only cover values 0 - 6, which you also cover in post 404. The latest version of ZUP I have which is ZUP_v80 has values 0 - 9 listed in the code comments for the ExtPPWithBars variable.

Kindly also post translations explaining the function of values 7 - 9 for the ExtPPWithBars variable please.

WRR

Pucio:

Pucio,

I have tried changing the variables you indicated... it did not work.. i was not able to get zup to show me: [change in time, change in price]

So I read the "ZUP - Universal ZigZag with Pesavento Patterns" articles written by nen.

Even after reading those, trying multiple ZUP versions, and doing some experimenting on my own i was unable to to get zup to do what I want.

I have nearly every version of ZUP. Could you possibly post or PM me a template that would produce those white numbers?

Please let me know. And thanks for you help so far.

[# Bars, # Points or Pips]

Pucio and JRM,

I have been testing various ZUP versions and noticed that the white numbers in post 13 appear to be the number of bars in the beam and the number of points in the beam and that they have square brackets. I just did a search in ZUP v80 and did not see any functions that drew square brackets on the chart. So maybe it is some older version of ZUP or even some other indicator that is used.

Notice the ExtPPwithBars adjusts numbers along the dotted lines between the ZigZag peaks whereas the white numbers in post 13 are on the ZigZag peaks.

WRR

White numbers in square brackets is someone's completion.

They in standard versions are not present.

Version 80 with the corrected errors: http://www.onix-trade.net/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=27582&setlanguage=1&langid=ru

[#of bars, # of pips]

okay well if anyone knows how to get/program the white numbers (shown in post #13 and #403) please let us know. It would be helpful for determining pattern completion point, D - see my post # 401

Thanks,

JRM

# Bars in Beam, # Pips in Beam

nen:

White numbers in square brackets is someone's completion.

They in standard versions are not present.

nen,

would you please add (number of bars in beam, number of pips in beam) to next standard version of ZUP for which ever ZigZag is drawn?

That would be excellent!

WRR

Reason: