ElectricSavant's™ Challenge - page 17

I have read this link:

The Myth Of Profit/Loss Ratios

I will tell you after reading this link:

The ElectricSavant Ratio™ of 2:1 with the method of calculating DD that I have suggested, is all that you need to benchmark the robustness of an EA.

ElectricSavant Ratio™ = Annual ROI/max intraday drawdown form the highest banked balance

The Drawdown from the highest banked balance will always create an EA that must ALWAYS produce a profit...it cannot build up a buffer to give it back when it does not work. That is why the Challenge is impossible to beat. The ebb and flow of the market over any 6 month span gives a range with a random entry that can NEVER beat 17% drawdown with the exposure necessary to get the ROI.

It all seems so simple to you gamblers to think that you can beat this...it would take a brilliant coder first to understand that this criteria has been carefully chosen and presented in a simplistic way and secondly if he could beat it then he would be brilliant indeed. I even added an extra 2% to he original calculation in hopes that someone might meet the Challenge™ head on and beat it.

I have been contacted by some resident coders here in tsd and they are working on it...I have not heard from any of them yet....but I am sure if it can be done, I would have heard something by now...But I hold out hope...There is one new challenger stepping up to the table next week and he is a brave soul indeed. I actually like the confidence that he displays. The EA is named ScrewDriver...well there are a lot of screws loose around here...so he may be busy...:)

ES

Arrived at 400 SL because of fine tuning then just left it at that even though losses of 2k or more happen every so many trades, I have no plans to trade this live ever. The seller marketed it as it performing much better than it would - like most FX sellers do. Also said it would outperform your salary. Well, it could if you invested (that is right - I said invested) 50k or so but risk is still high. Still, I would not do this. Do please let me know if you fine tune this EA to an acceptable risk level for yourself then I will try.

4% DD is not real bad...and yes I agree that it is never as advertised

It blew up two accounts until I arrived at 400 SL and it does not allow me to use on lower or higher TF other than 1H.

In several posts you stated that you wish you could code and in one earlier post that you believe the only way to achieve this challenge is if you could code the EA yourself. You seem to be pretty certain it is impossible or near to that then? I know you think it can't be done by other coders you've said this numerous times now on here and your blog.

I do not believe that I said that I could code an EA that could beat the Challenge. Perhaps good EA's are not shared publically and I could have been eluding to that.

There is no way at all you could design an EA without actually coding one then? You design an almost perfect trading method or strategy then you tell a coder exactly how to do this for you using the rules you set, not possible?

I do not have a method that never exceeds 17% max intraday drawdown from the highest banked balance that can yield 2:1.

If you don't mind answering this as well: Which kind of EA do you think you would make if you could code or even if you designed a trade method to be made into an EA?

1) A price action based scalper that just passes above the radar of IBFX scalping criteria. 2) an H4 or Daily based trend established bias with a shorter term microtrend trader.

No one can say you're not determined, you never gave up now did you all these years. Some say you are a holy grail seeker...if you never made an overall consistent profit trading though not sure what this is based on, I never read such threads/forums to begin with.

Well Thank you for reading

With that said I have to say I am surprised how a fairly new trader as myself is able to make systems and strategies that are shared on these forums and FF work for me while you cannot...unless by failure you mean the ratio of the win loss rate that you require.

Simply put...I have won for some years and I have lost for some years, but when I pull out the abacus and add it all up, I have not made more than I have lost. I have always had a good job in the background supporting my habit. I have also traded OPM as a CTA and have also have traded full time. I have traded Index Futures, Equities, Options and Forex.

All the best with future trading. 900 pips in one day is nice, hey? Not like I think I can make this consistent on one pair though. It can happen every so often though.

Well Yes, Congrats.

Edit: If I design a good EA that makes consistent profit I will share it with you. I can't promise it will comply with the standards set to achieve this challenge though. I do prefer manual trading for reliability but not for staring at charts.

You can do as you wish. I have just reached out to someone that can prove to me that the Criteria of the ElectricSavant Challenge™ can be met. No one has yet and until then...well I rest my case.

FseXy,

You must win 8 times to cover one loss...are you still testing this SL and TP? and how are you doing...

ES

FseXy:
I had meant to reply much sooner to you. Arrived at 400 SL because of fine tuning then just left it at that even though losses of 2k or more happen every so many trades,

In my case, I have a great strategy that's manual, but it's proving to be way too difficult to code. It would require some fuzzy logic coding which is way way beyond me.

ES,

You are asking someone to deliver you the Holy Grail on a silver platter.

You should have traded long enough to know how the markets work. It's give and take at it cycles through trend and chop over and over again. it's never take take take take, which is what your 17% is describing, unless it has a distinctive edge (most likely not just price action).

And if anyone is in possession of such an EA, they would not need any help in notoriety or capital as they can become the CEO of their own fund, go on TV, and raise real capital without any problems.

The truth is that without a crystal ball, drawdown happens to the best of them. You are setting your bar so high that you are just basically asking for a crystal ball.

doc..

There are coders here in tsd...that are phd's...they can do it if you want them too..

ES

drgoodvibe:
In my case, I have a great strategy that's manual, but it's proving to be way too difficult to code. It would require some fuzzy logic coding which is way way beyond me.

jb..,

Then why am I getting so much response? ...are these people in denial?

There are 9 systems being evaluated for the Challenge...and I think they can all beat it...

The 2nd. begins trading next week...it name is ScrewDriver. I love everyone of these Challenge EA's and they become a part of my life and my Forum, eventhough I know that they cannot make it...you know one of them might prove me wrong...but jb...I cannot BS you as you have known me for a long time from other forums...

ES

jbfx:
ES,

You are asking someone to deliver you the Holy Grail on a silver platter.

You should have traded long enough to know how the markets work. It's give and take at it cycles through trend and chop over and over again. it's never take take take take, which is what your 17% is describing, unless it has a distinctive edge (most likely not just price action).

And if anyone is in possession of such an EA, they would not need any help in notoriety or capital as they can become the CEO of their own fund, go on TV, and raise real capital without any problems.

The truth is that without a crystal ball, drawdown happens to the best of them. You are setting your bar so high that you are just basically asking for a crystal ball.

Es, I am surpized that you received as many challengeres. 17% dd is dam near impossible If you do get one, let me know. .. I will chip in a couple thousand myself to buy.. .It would take me about 20 minutes to recover.

The thing I can't get over is, even if an EA goes 6 months without a 17% drawdown, there is nothing stopping it from unravelling the 7th month.

Well Yes...but there is not an EA that can go the distance...so what are we talking about?

ES

tdion:
The thing I can't get over is, even if an EA goes 6 months without a 17% drawdown, there is nothing stopping it from unravelling the 7th month.
Reason: