ElectricSavant's™ Challenge - page 20

ElectricSavant:
No one is spamming here, unless they are not motivated to enter the ElectricSavant Challenge™ ES

Which posts would you like deleted?

I will happily enter an EA of mine, but I can't make a definite promise or as to when this may be.

I want to reiterate no one has made me a liar yet.

can you do it? If so I want to hear from you.

My friends here do not misunderstand my arrogance...I am not being "in-your-face"...It's just a fact that there has not been a Challenger able to beat this yet.

ES

When you say no more than 17% draw down, wouldn't that include an EA using a stop loss@ 15%, therefore it would stop out at 15% but wouldn't be considered more than 17% dd?

If an EA stopped out at 15% 6 times in a row and lost the account it still wouldn't be considered more than 17% intra day dd.

kjhgd...

Please read carefully,

A max INTRADAY drawdown of 17% from the HIGHEST banked balance.

Thanks for considering the Challenge™

ES

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
When you say no more than 17% draw down, wouldn't that include an EA using a stop loss@ 15%, therefore it would stop out at 15% but wouldn't be considered more than 17% dd? If an EA stopped out at 15% 6 times in a row and lost the account it still wouldn't be considered more than 17% intra day dd.

ElectricSavant:
I want to reiterate no one has made me a liar yet.

can you do it? If so I want to hear from you.

My friends here do not misunderstand my arrogance...I am not being "in-your-face"...It's just a fact that there has not been a Challenger able to beat this yet.

ES

With all respect I think that people are not interested to make you a liar.

I explain myself.

What is the benefit for them? getting profit on a 1K account ?

If you have a good EA you run it on your account that could be easily over 1K and you may use it to manage a large account for other people.

To distribute it just for a challenge with profit on a 1K account is not worth the risk.

So people entering the challenge will just do it for their ego. But I am not sure that people with a big ego are good traders, because the market will humble them.

just my point of view...

jlpi, you start with saying ...with all respect...well I did not take your post that way at all...do you know what respect is or do you just post what sounds good?

So you are suggesting that I would use the Challengers EA for commercial purposes? I have suggested that they use a remote server to protect their intellectual rights of their EA.

My only goal is to discover an EA that meets the criteria to trade for myself personally. I do not want the code.

I have also suggested that the benefit to the coder can have several facets...not just the ego thing...I find coders do not have the same ego issues as traders...and yes there are some traders and coders combined...but anyways...this would be a chance to forward test on a live account from an unbiased third party that they could refer clients to read, while they continue to remain anonymous.

Also I get contacted by interested parties to forward their info to the coder to contact at his discretion, while maintaining full anonominity at his option. BUT I AM NOT A SALES AGENT AND WILL NOT BECOME ONE FOR ANY PRICE.

I have written on the Internet with the same handle over 5 years and some of you may know me. I enjoy writing as much as I enjoy trading and for me to be a fraud would ruin my readership...I would not do that.

It just comes down to trust, I suppose and there is nothing I can post to change minds, other than keep your work your own and use the remote solution...I really do not care...look...you can fraud me too and after 6 months dissappear and I have nothing...trust is a two-way street.

ES

jlpi:
With all respect I think that people are not interested to make you a liar.

I explain myself.

What is the benefit for them? getting profit on a 1K account ?

If you have a good EA you run it on your account that could be easily over 1K and you may use it to manage a large account for other people.

To distribute it just for a challenge with profit on a 1K account is not worth the risk.

So people entering the challenge will just do it for their ego. But I am not sure that people with a big ego are good traders, because the market will humble them.

just my point of view...

jlpi, you start with saying ...with all respect...well I did not take your post that way at all...do you know what respect is or do you just post what sounds good?

So you are suggesting that I would use the challengers EA for commercial purposes? I have suggested that they use a remote server to protect their intellectual rights of their EA.

My only goal is to discover an EA to trade for myself personally. I do not want the code.

I have also suggested that the benefit to the coder can have several benefits...not just the ego thing...I find coders do not have the same ego issues as traders...and yes there are some traders and coders combined...but anyways...this would be a chance to forward test on a live account from an unbiased third party that they could refer clients to read, while they continue to remain anonymous.

Also I get contacted by interested parties to forward their info to the coder to contact at his discretion, while maintaining full anonominity at his option. BUT I AM NOT A SALES AGENT AND WILL NOT BECOME ONE FOR ANY PRICE.

I have written on the Internet with the same handle over 5 years and some of you may know me. I enjoy writing as much as I enjoy trading and for me to be a fraud would ruin my readership...I would not do that.

It just comes down to trust, I suppose and there is nothing I can post to change minds, other than keep your work your own and use the remote solution...I really do not care...look...you can fraud me too and after 6 months dissappear and I have nothing...trust is a two-way street.

ES

ES,

jlpi can certainly speak for him/herself but I believe you have totally misconstrued what was being said. All he said was that you may not be getting responses to your challenge because it might not be worth the hassle for a small gain on a $1000 account. He was not saying that you would expose the EA commercially. If indeed there are EA's that meet your criteria, jlpi seemed to be saying EA authors may just opt to trade the EA's themselves--unless they want the exposure for a commercial venture of their own or for whatever reason.

saintmo

jlpi,

I apologize...it's just that I realize your are correct. I do not know how to attract coders, other than to offer the Challenge and hope for the best

ES

saintmo:
ES,

jlpi can certainly speak for him/herself but I believe you have totally misconstrued what was being said. All he said was that you may not be getting responses to your challenge because it might not be worth the hassle for a small gain on a $1000 account. He was not saying that you would expose the EA commercially. If indeed there are EA's that meet your criteria, jlpi seemed to be saying EA authors may just opt to trade the EA's themselves--unless they want the exposure for a commercial venture of their own or for whatever reason.

saintmo

ElectricSavant:

So you are suggesting that I would use the Challengers EA for commercial purposes? I have suggested that they use a remote server to protect their intellectual rights of their EA.

My only goal is to discover an EA that meets the criteria to trade for myself personally. I do not want the code.

ES

No I didn't meant that you will sell the EAs. The benefit of a good EA is more to use it than sell it.

I believe that your intentions are good but anyway there is a risk to publish an EA.

Personaly I gave EA to test for people I trust because I had business relation with them for more than 6 months and I firmly believe they are honest. But still there is a risk, but it is in that case for me acceptable.

I just saw saintmo answer and in fact he explains things better than me. Thanks saintmo !

jlpi,

Thank you and I misunderstood. It's just that this issue is so sensitive...what would you suggest that I do if you were me in search of a profitable EA that meets the stated criteria...

Coders do not share something this powerful in the public forums...there is even talk of the ability for MT4 dealers to filter out EA instances that cause problems for them to lay off the trades to their liquidity providers...I really do not think that they do not want their clients to be profitable. Its a mechanical problem that is presented to them.

Anyway's, I make (lose) my money from trading my own money and I have no inclination to become a Vendor or a Manager....or anything commercial or anything to do with OPM.

ES

jlpi:
No I didn't meant that you will sell the EAs. The benefit of a good EA is more to use it than sell it.

I believe that your intentions are good but anyway there is a risk to publish an EA.

Personaly I gave EA to test for people I trust because I had business relation with them for more than 6 months and I firmly believe they are honest. But still there is a risk, but it is in that case for me acceptable.

I just saw saintmo answer and in fact he explains things better than me. Thanks saintmo !
Reason: