Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 21

I don't know ...

Just open this EA in MetaEditor to see the description of the settings an try to backtest just to see lot size.

New Digital,

As per your above post concerning your settings for Alpha. You are actually not trading 0.01 Lots at IBFX.

You have money management set at 1 (MM = 1). To use 0.01 lots, fixed, you must put Lots=0.01 and MM=0

Im running this setting above, on WHC server using 0.01 lots on 40 charts. (not only forex) and my max DD , or negative floating balance is only about $200.

I will post my results perhaps on a weekly basis.

0.01 lot but not fixed: I have MM = true.

Files:
mm.jpg  21 kb

setings for Alpha9 EA

Hello Digital,

Very glad I joined this forum , I have learned about forex in 2 weeks , what I didnt learn in 5 years!

I want to ask the following>

Which version is more stable of Alpha9 ?

Timeframes?

Pairs used?

Where I can I see and download the stable version and settings?

many thanks,

rafael

Hi agath194,

I see only one version of Alpha. So, read this thread from the beginning: the author gave some suggestions about the settings and did some evaluation about the pairs and so on based on hi forward testing results.

I also forward testing this Alpha. I think I am doing it with authors settings. My settings were posted about one page back. And you can see my statements by pairs ust to decide about which pair is performing better and so on.

Read this post to know where to get weekly updated statements and performance.

Please find updated statements for Alpha: normal Metatrader's statements for all 9 pairs together and statements by pairs in pips an in deposite currency.

Files:

hi, Project 1972, thanks for your generous sharing of this wonderful EA!

I have read all the thread and carefully analysed Newdigital's statement of Alpha 1.19. I found that the biggest losses have the same chracters:

1. lossing transactions last a long time, normally more than 2 weeks.

2. a big lossing transaction in one pair often followed by several big losing transactions in the same pair (eg. NZD/JPY and AUD/JPY, pls see Newdigital's statement, it is very clear), thus cause a huge loss in total.

I guess such big losses are triggerred by the D1 Timeframe engine, and before the price cross MA200, the EA continuously gives "wrong" command to open new trade in the same "wrong" direction.

So, my simple suggestion is to deactive the D1 Timeframe trade. In order to deactive D1 trade, can I just simply make the following setting in the input of the EA:

"UseD1Trend=false".

What do you think, Project 1972?

Regards

Lleh

how about an alert function?

Further, Project1972, could you pls add an alert in the EA? So when a transaction is open, it gives an alert. I am using buy/sell signals of this EA to trade the real money (because I found sometimes it is better to exit trade manully, hah~~~ greedy me!), and it works very good!

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Lleh

Alpha statements updated (attached).

It is visual statements for all 19 pairs:

Apdated statements for Alpha EA:

Files:
alpha.zip  125 kb
Reason: