You can check it by yourself for 5 or 10 minutes easy:
- Why we need indicators which are painting the past? Read this post and this one. How to trade "painting-the-past" indicators: live trading example with SHI_SilverTrendsig (trades and images): since page #2 till page #4.
- re-painting indicators: evaluation and fixing thread.
- SnapShotI indicator: this indicator makes screen shots of active chart at regular intervals. By default, one tick after beginning of a new bar. Some evaluation of some indicators using SnapShotI indicator is on this post.
I found this indicator and it looks great to me. Anyone know if it repaints or not ? Thanks a lot
You can check it by yourself using SnapShotI indicator - read my post above.
NINA indicator repaints?
I recentlly come upon this NINA indicator. Ive run it backtesting on strategy tester and on live on demo. Something strange about it is that its signals very occasionally reappear and disappear to change the first original places of arrow signal appearing. Very unfamiliar to me. Is that actually repainting?
Please help me
Hallo All Master Coding,
I appeal to all the Master Coding help, if I included this indicator repaint? I want to create EA from this indicator. If this indicator repaint, how to fix it.
My best regards
Finding peaks is not possible without "repainting" and your indicator is trying to find peaks. It can not be made a non-repanting one without changing it to the extent that it is not that indicator any more
I have just joined, and had read this thread from post #1.
I had a try of SHI_SilverTrendSig-2 which was discussed in the beginning of this thread.
On the historical chart, it looks great. And also it shows early signals for the Moving Average crossovers in my chart.
Even during whipsaws, it shows Buy signal at the range support, and vice versa for Sell.
The problem is that I could not run it properly on the Strategy Tester.
It ran, but no signal indications (supposed to be dots) were shown.
The results on historical charts are even better than its predecessor, the Silver Trend Sig.
I think it can be worthwhile to explore further.
I believe there is also no alert or sound in this indicator and hope that somebody can help to include this in.
Thanks a million for reading!
I see this question come up a lot about repainting indicators. All indicators repaint. There is not one single one that does not so there's no point looking for Ones that do and ones that do not, it's just not going to happen. Lets face it youre just looking for an indicator that says buy here sell there 100% Gauranteed trade of nothing possible going wrong. Well this isnt going to happen either.
The question you should be asking is why they repaint?
Maybe good to read this post too about "repainting" : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177862/page11
In my estimate (when we take out the "recalculating" ones which, again, are a much lesser part, 1-2% max, and are a separate family of indicators) at least 99% does not repaint (opened bar changes are not "repainting"). The rest (the 1%) are almost always the same old, same old, just renamed in order to try another scamm (the only problem is that they have at least 1000 names by now so they seem to be everywhere :))
PS: there is again one another question too : why do people trade on opened bar signals (current time frame or multi time frame, does not matter) when it is widely known that until the bar is closed, it is a subject to changes?
MA and repainting
I am new in FOREX and i am trying to find some things out step by step. I have read a lot about repainting and different opinions about modifications in which i have tried and tested on some indicators.
I have attached an indicator which i am currently working on, mostly to be able to test as many indicators as possible. Having reference to the figure below, the SFI indicators tries, depending on the input, to get the moving averages of the input and again allowing it to move on to the second moving average. In result the user is able to see 3 different indicators getting as many results possible.
More info regarding the SFI:
Prices for ΜΑ_Method_1 orΜΑ_Method_2:
case 0 --> SMA
case 1 --> EMA
case 2 --> SMMA
case 3 --> LWMA
case 4 --> SineWMA
case 5 --> TriMA
case 6 --> LSMA
case 7 --> HMA
case 8 --> Median
case 9 -->GeoMean
Prices for MA_Input_1 --> Periods of first Moving Average.
Τιμές για MA_Input_2 --> Periods of second Moving Average.
Τιμές για ADX_Periods --> Periods of ADX
Price_Apply (ONLY for ADX - Input)
case 0 --> Close
case 1 --> Open
case 2 --> High
case 3 --> Low
case 4 --> MedianPrice (HL/2)
case 5 --> TypicalPrice (HLC/2)
case 6 --> WeightedClose(HLCC/2)
case 7 --> HeikenAshi Close
case 8 --> HeikenAshi Open
case 9 --> HeikenAshi High
I would really appreciate if you have the time to see my indicator and give me advice of how it will be possible to solve the problem of repainting.
thank you in advanced and i am looking forward to hearing from you,