Repainting indicators - page 46

1 BOXX PLAY:
Sorry, should have attached it to my previous post. Still finding my way around the forum. Finally found the attach function.

The author of that indicator made arrows drawn in the past (one bar back) on purpose (see this line :

ExtMapBuffer3 = Low-30*Point;

"i+1" means that the arrow should be drawn 1 bar back in the past. I don't know why did he do it, but if I change that, it will not be what you expect it to be

Thanks for the swift & clear response Mladen.

Sigh...that means there's no way we can keep how they are now but display on the close of the bar. Urgh!! So much for my strategy...back to the board again for the thousandth time.

By the way, just out of curiosity, what may happen if the code becomes ExtMapBuffer3=Low-0*Point instead of 30*Point?

1 BOXX PLAY:
Thanks for the swift & clear response Mladen.

Sigh...that means there's no way we can keep how they are now but display on the close of the bar. Urgh!! So much for my strategy...back to the board again for the thousandth time.

By the way, just out of curiosity, what may happen if the code becomes ExtMapBuffer3=Low-0*Point instead of 30*Point?

If we wanted to keep them at positions the are now, then it would be drawn 2 bars back (not 1, as it would be a case for a normal closed bar drawing)

just one last question. what does Low-30*Point and High+30*Point mean?

1 BOXX PLAY:
just one last question. what does Low-30*Point and High+30*Point mean?

To draw something 30 points bellow the low of the bar that it is calculated for or above the high of the bar it is calculated for

Sometimes repaints : ma_in_color.mq4

Files:

Don't be fooled by the name : solar_winds_joy_-_histo_no_repaint_with_alert.mq4

It repaints

My little contribution to this thread - directly from mt where they state that it does not repaint solar_joy_a.mq4

It does

Files:

checkin:
My little contribution to this thread - directly from mt where they state that it does not repaint solar_joy_a.mq4 It does

They officially translated solar wind too at their mql5 code base - without even checking what does it do

Reason: