MQL4 Learning - page 28

EX4 loading probs.

Ok, I've done my due diligence to try and solve this problem to no avail. I have downloaded and used many mq4 advisors/indicators.. I know the process for that. However, EX4 files are something different. I know ex4 files are suppose to be like mq4 files but with the code hidden. Anyway, whenever I save these files into metrader4 experts/indicators ...close program and reopen they are not in the folder. What am I doing wrong. It seems Metrader only recognizes mq4 files. Any help is appreciated. I cant seem to find any info. it seems othere people are having the same problem but no one has supplied an answer.

Thanks

hi

Mrxit:
Ok, I've done my due diligence to try and solve this problem to no avail. I have downloaded and used many mq4 advisors/indicators.. I know the process for that. However, EX4 files are something different. I know ex4 files are suppose to be like mq4 files but with the code hidden. Anyway, whenever I save these files into metrader4 experts/indicators ...close program and reopen they are not in the folder. What am I doing wrong. It seems Metrader only recognizes mq4 files. Any help is appreciated. I cant seem to find any info. it seems othere people are having the same problem but no one has supplied an answer. Thanks

ex4 is compiled file from mql4 ...maybe your MT4 not yet updated or there's wrong syntax code in your mql4 ...

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Please help - what is "shift" in iMA method?

Friends, can anyone please explain me in simple english that what is SHIFT parameter in iMA method?

double iMA(string symbol, int timeframe, int period, int ma_shift, int ma_method, int applied_price, int shift)

according to MT4 help, its "Index of the value taken from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar the given amount of periods ago)." - what is indicator buffer???

please help.

cheers

0 means current value of ma

1 means value of ma of last candle

2 means value of ma of last but one candle

etc....

How change a stoploss ?

In an EA, I have SL=50.

How change it to have SL=50 or crossing of 2 MAs ?

Thanks for help.

Jo

Jovager:
In an EA, I have SL=50.

How change it to have SL=50 or crossing of 2 MAs ?

Thanks for help.

Jo

We would need to see your code to answer your question. It depends on how it is coded.

Depth,Deviation,Backstep?

Hello,

Can someone explain how are the indicator parameters with a confused face next to them used?

SUPRESMultiFrame.mq4 |

//| |

//| RD |

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

#property copyright "RD"

#property link "marynarz15@wp.pl"

#property indicator_chart_window

#define MaxObject 1000

//---- indicator parameters

extern int TimeFrame=5;

extern int BarsMax=89;

extern int ExtDepth=13;

extern int ExtDeviation=1;

extern int ExtBackstep=5;

Thanks

ObjectGet(StdDev,some_info)

Hi

I need to get the value of the StdDev channel upper/lower bounds at index n, is there a way?

many thanks

how to add coordinate line into seperate window?

hi,

there is a seperate window limited between 0 and 100, i want add a doted-coordinate line at 50, how to make?

-----------

i'v already know :-)

Reason: