currency pairs

I monitor several currency pairs all on the 1 hour timeframe

eur/usd

usd/jpy

gbp/usd

usd/chf

eur/jpy

usd/cad

gbp/jpy (sometimes i will use the 4 hour timeframe on this one.)

The beach is absolutely wonderful by the way. PIP MEISTER

Wonderful Thread

first time i don't pay attention on this thread, but after i read the first post, i am getting interested in very much, cause this trading system use zigzag as the main indicator.

i've been looking for a thread like this for several times. but couldn't find it...

taking the positive side of zigzag as the main indicator in a trading technique...

i have opened a thread in other forum about this zigzag indicator, actually i want to find the good side of this indi in trading, not only for predicting elliot wave and fibo, but how to enter the trade with this indi...

but, there is no one have good experince and good result in using this indi as the main indicator...then the thread doesn't continue...

Finally i guess find it now in this thread, let's make it a better my friend, taking the good side of this indi...

Thanks Bear for sharing this...

BTW, How about trade this in 1M chart, what is the best setting...do you have experience in this?

Best Regards,

IIN

Way to go Walter!

Entering off the high or low of the signal bar might be the best and then going for b.e.

forex11:
I monitor several currency pairs all on the 1 hour timeframe

eur/usd

usd/jpy

gbp/usd

usd/chf

eur/jpy

usd/cad

gbp/jpy (sometimes i will use the 4 hour timeframe on this one.)

The beach is absolutely wonderful by the way. PIP MEISTER

But Forex11 you seem to do great using those ugly moving averages of yours!

moving averages

my moving averages has no bearing on the trades for the FTC. I use them for another strategy I use every now and again.

Okay. As well as you've been doing I was wondering if you use the same entry technique as Bigbear? Thanks.

If there are many of us trying this simple yet powerful method maybe we should start a skype group?

yes

We do use the same entry and exit strategies. but being 2 different people you will always have some differences.

droesparky:
FTC it is then.

Here is another arrow marker for you to try, I must have a half dozen in my indicators. This one is good one Im checking for repaint, which I think they all will do at least until the bar is close. but if we find one that dosent move after the bar is close then we can work from it a lot better.

I use 3, 6, 500 for the settings on hour or 4hr chart

Hey droesparky,

Thanks for all your help. I really think as a focused group we can make this system fantastic.

Thanks again,

Bear-

leeb:
Hi bear - system looks promising... what happens if price continues to move against us and zig zag repaints do we only exit at opposite signal or is there a set stoploss pip amount ?
droesparky:
I would set a stop of no more then the low or high of the candle you got the signal from.

Hey leeb,

droesparky has it down packed. That keeps your drawdown very small. The next time you get in is the next signal.

Hope that helps,

Bear-

Reason: