Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 261

Not strictly a specific reply but I think this will help.

Change the settings to 55-15-7 and the MA to ema.

Then add 45 and 55 to the levels.

Wait for indicator 'waves' and draw trap lines over and under the waves.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

"Trade what you see and not what you hear or Hope."

Files:

Stopped out on 3 pairs

Well, I tried trading this using the nonlagdot71 indicator in combo with QQE to determine entry points after the ZZ indicators indicated possible reversal. I was using 1H charts on this, and was stopped out on the EUR, CHF, and AUD pairs (vs. USD). So, I think I can conclude that a) these filters are not sufficient, and b)this timeframe may not work well using these indicators, for me at least.

I've not traded anything today (after a systemic loss its best to take time to reevaluate), and I'm going to make the following changes:

1. Move to 4H timeframe and wait for trend reversal there.

2. Modify the nonlagdot71 indicator to use 2.5 as the setting for PctFilter. This leads to having areas of indecision marked by a "line" of dots. It also creates nice places for entry and stoplosses.

3. I'm introducing the use of an xpMA_v2SATL line. This was used by another trader earlier and is from another system. It's purposes is essentially to confirm reversals, and to keep us in a successful trade longer. The settings I'm using on this are 0,18,5 for the first three settings. I'll attach the indicator here as well.

I realize this isn't part of the original system, but I need something a little "stronger" to confirm actual trend reversals. This will mean I don't get in quite at the start of the reversal, but more towards the middle. I'd prefer that to continually getting stopped out when the ZZ indicators are still repainting.

Files:

A screen shot of the new setup is attached.

Files:

is anyone still using the original bigbear system???

I noticed that the concept here in bouncing pips are very similiar too what Xard777 has in his trading system thread. There some good ideas here for filters to time your entry. It would be something too look into combining some of the best of both threads. I think.

xxx3xx, You know what your right. I won't pretend that I fully understand you sometimes, because its obvios your lightyears ahead me but your right. Price couldn't simply follow a bouncing pattern. So my question too you would be were could I go to start to learn more about how to use excel and different formulas to try to help me determine a better understanding of what price might do?

xx3xx, My second question would be if were looking at excel to caculate what we think price would do to avoid re-painting indicators then wouldn't it be simpleir to just use non-repainting indicators that do the caculation for you?

if forex price is a ball

it does not follow the simple harmonic motion of a bouncing ball motion

all you see is fixed frames and your attention span only last for next few slow motions

i.e. if you use your imagination and imagine that it must be a bouncing ball within your IMAGINARY RANGE SWINGING - that would be the worst idea (trading methodology) ! -- better use excel to analyse any recent pattern and find universal SIGN (that can't be wrong-- if the indicators are non repaint type in the current market scenario i.e. repaint insignificantly)

Reason: