Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 265

Sfractals mq4

the blue and red diamonds that appear is an indicator called the sfractals mq4

I also thought about the stochastic with an accelerator oscillator approach using settings 15,5,5,I found the adx also is helpful at determing turning points but your right in the sense that you shouldn't have 20 different indicators on one chart so to make one chart showing a one view and another with a different view of the same pair sounds like it can work I'll see what I can come up with

Thanks.

I also look at the ADX for turning points sometimes. I was told by a very knowledgeable person, with whom I exchange emails, that often big moves happen right after the ADX goes below the 15 level. And it looks to me that some times these are also turning points.

user4001:
Walterw you can try the attached zig-zag indicator.I think this one update correct and it has an alert also.

my platform cannot open this indicattor........ this zigzag is very nice... can u help

I noticed in the code was the mention of of Heikin-Ashi smoothed...should we be watching this EA with that? should we download it?

Thanks for the EA Mr Pip...

ES

MrPip:
Here are the new versions of the EA with changes to handle ECN and 5 digit brokers. They will still work correctly with 4 digit brokers and non ECN brokers.

The major change is that orders are first placed with no stoploss or takeprofit. Those values are then modified based on OrderOpenPrice.

This is the requirement for ECN brokers.

Unless I find the time in my busy programming schedule to read the thread from my last posting from 2007, or was it 2008, I will not be adding anything else to the EA unless requested.

Robert aka MrPip

hi there !

Hey folks ! wow 265 pages makes up for quite some light reading ...

I'm just curious ... what's the latest setup that seems to do the job ?

I am trying to filter out repaints with MTF MFI on 30 60 and 240 time frames, along with nonlag MA 7.1, RSI (9), MACD 5 34 5. I have tried murray math indis with this sitem but since the ones I have clutter so much the screen I use just normal pivots.

Haven't had much luck so far ... but I managed to move the SL to BE as soon as the price went a bit my way and NLD, NonlagMA qqe were all going good ...

So far all the trades finally turned against me but with SL to BE ... no major harm done. I am trying to analyse all 3 TF 30 60 and 240 so as to get some sort of coliniarity ...

Any advice would be welcome! Thanks!

PS Good job BigBear, Forex11, mr Pip, DX and all others who have contributed to the wealth of knowledge this thread represents ! !

Files:
fxpro1.jpg  194 kb

forexclueless2006:
this is what it looks like right now!

I think this indicator is hard to reas & repaint to. sorry for my bad english. can tell if i can do a back testing?. thank you

These, or some of these indicators seem to be slowing down my computer.

I believe its the zigzag_pointer alert. Anyone else having this problem? I'm only on page 29, perhaps this has been addressed.

Thanks,

And thank you BB !!

elmentor:
I think this indicator is hard to reas & repaint to. sorry for my bad english. can tell if i can do a back testing?. thank you

i don't think it's possible to backtest this.

how would you?

dxtrade:
Hi everybody.

Busy while I'm sleeping?

Thats why we need an EA as I just missed the outcome of this trade, stupid lazy me . So I missed 200-300 pips. OK...there will be another trade tomorrow!

Here is what happened:

I (or the EA) would have entered at the open of the candle after the first dot (234.15 on FXDD) as all requirements where met with the QQE crossed as well.

For the exit we need someone else to work on this . If I use the nonlagdot as well I would still be in the trade with around +200 floating.

So a nice little trade with 11 fake arrows and NO LOSS (Igor, still reading this thread? )

Hope that helped!

I really like your chart setup. I see the parabolic but are you using updated indis (updated from the first post)? would you mind posting the indis with settings, time frame and pairs preferred? Thanks in advance.

Bryan61:
These, or some of these indicators seem to be slowing down my computer.

I believe its the zigzag_pointer alert. Anyone else having this problem? I'm only on page 29, perhaps this has been addressed.

Thanks,

And thank you BB !!

the problem is, mt4 isn't a very streamlined piece of software. with every update it gets slower.

Reason: