Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 267

I traded the second method yesterday (08:15 GMT) targeting the highs and lows for the previous eight hours. It worked out well: although I was stopped out on the initial GBPCHF trade, I reversed it and covered the loss of 35 PIPs. The GBPUSD also hit TP @ +40.

I'm trading a demo OANDA account which is annoying as it doesn't allow hedging, so for instance long pending orders are deleted as soon as a short order is hit which means having to run it manually. Also means I can't test the first method at 07:15 GMT because I can't go long and short simultaneously. Will have to try another broker.

I've been looking at some heat map/neural network indicators recently and tried trading both pairs this morning based on their predictions. They were both indicating long for GU and GC so I made trades only on that side. So far it's not working, but I'll keep watching it and post my findings!

fxwalb:
Would you please tell me the name of this indicator, circled in the picture?

Hi fxwalb,

That's the #signal Bars v.71 from Mr. Cja.

Best regards,

Paulinge

its likely you r using the wrong buffer in incustom. I would copy the one from the ea and go through them until you find the right numbers

ajk:
its likely you r using the wrong buffer in incustom. I would copy the one from the ea and go through them until you find the right numbers

There are two indicator buffers, one gives a line of red dots the other blue, and I am fetching both of them in the EA code:

zz1 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "DT-ZigZag-Lauer", 5, 240, 0, 1);

zz2 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "DT-ZigZag-Lauer", 5, 240, 1, 1);

UPDATE:

I don't know what the issue is, but I found a workaround using GlobalVar .

Indicator on chart vs. EA

Hello

I am trying to use custom indicator "DT-ZigZag-Lauer", which I downloaded, in an EA that I've written. The indicator works fine on the chart, but when I call it from within the EA it returns different values than when the indicator is drag-dropped on the chart.

Testing in StrategyTester, EURUSD, M15, 01/01/2003-forwards.

If someone knows what the problem is, or can point me in the right direction, I would be verym very grateful!

UPDATE: Found an explanation, on a different forum about this issue

EurUsd Direction

12 Minutes passed to Newyork open and is trading in only 3 Pips range

Market Today

Bank holidays in UK and Memorial Day in US

Marketm is just creeping

.arasheed

EurUsd RANGE

So narrow range

Files:
eurusd_1_h..gif  38 kb

Hi Guys

I have been using bigbears zigzag pointer alert on the 4hr timeframe as suggested at the beginning of this thread. I use other things to first establish the main trend on the daily and 4hr also.

Is/has anyone else used this alert and could you give be the benefit of your experience with it, mine seems pretty good so far. Many thanks.

Reason: