Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 236

End of week results

Find attached detailed statement which roughly covers the last 2 weeks of testing. This EA is definitely prime stuff .

Current situation assessment:

Profit factor: 17.61

Relative drawdown: 1.81%

Initial capital: 5,000.00

Current balance: 9,949.04

Equity 11,663.10

Margin: 1,779.00

Free margin: 9,884.00

Margin level: 655.59%

Floating p/l:1,714.06

Total # of trades: 72

Profit Trades (% of total): 70 (97.22%) Loss trades (% of total): 2 (2.78%)

nb: I mostly adjust the trailing stops manually because the EA does not manage "trade context busy", so it doesn't trail properly - but that's minimal work

question for Ms_Mel

Hi Ms_Mel,

You said that you used the EA on 28 pairs, what pairs is the best if I only want use it on 3 pairs ??

And what you mean you have to adjust the TS manually?? what is the exit logic in this EA?? should I use the TS to control the profit?

thanks

tcl:
Hi Ms_Mel,

You said that you used the EA on 28 pairs, what pairs is the best if I only want use it on 3 pairs ??

And what you mean you have to adjust the TS manually?? what is the exit logic in this EA?? should I use the TS to control the profit?

thanks

To answer your first question, well I simply don't know. The originators of this thread only traded gbpjpy and eurjpy, so I suppose these 2 have proven to work well (manually). As far as the EA is concerned, there hasn't been a lot of testing going on, so we don't have an answer yet. My table (in previous post) can somehow guide you, but (1) it covers only 2 weeks and (2) who knows the future? I will need to test over a longer period to start seeing a "trend" as to which pair performs best.

As for your 2nd question, I have to admit I don't understand the various trailing stop options in the EA very well. I *think* that the 4th option "delayed at input" is supposed to do what I want, ie. when x number of pips is reached, start trailing. But my observations are that it sometimes doesn't get triggered, or it gets triggered and doesn't trail properly (maybe due to "trade context busy" problem). So what I do, is I simply modify each trade and select trailing stop (in metatrader) and then the trailing is OK. I wish the programmer(s) would hop in here and clarify the trailing stop options, but again, manually setting them is not all that time consuming.

Hope this answers your questions,

Here is a breakdown of my statement by pair performance. Don't forget that this covers the last 2 weeks and lot size is 0.1 (mini lot or 10,000 units).

Also, there were no trades for the following 8 pairs:

chfjpy

eurgbp

eurjpy

eurnzd

gbpaud

gbpchf

nzdcad

nzdjupy

Ms Mel, these were some great resutls Dudess:P

Just curiuos to know if you used the bouncingPipEA_mpowerV42.mq4o some other version?

Thanks for sharing your results~!

Shiva

Ms_Mel:
To answer your first question, well I simply don't know. The originators of this thread only traded gbpjpy and eurjpy, so I suppose these 2 have proven to work well (manually). As far as the EA is concerned, there hasn't been a lot of testing going on, so we don't have an answer yet. My table (in previous post) can somehow guide you, but (1) it covers only 2 weeks and (2) who knows the future? I will need to test over a longer period to start seeing a "trend" as to which pair performs best.

As for your 2nd question, I have to admit I don't understand the various trailing stop options in the EA very well. I *think* that the 4th option "delayed at input" is supposed to do what I want, ie. when x number of pips is reached, start trailing. But my observations are that it sometimes doesn't get triggered, or it gets triggered and doesn't trail properly (maybe due to "trade context busy" problem). So what I do, is I simply modify each trade and select trailing stop (in metatrader) and then the trailing is OK. I wish the programmer(s) would hop in here and clarify the trailing stop options, but again, manually setting them is not all that time consuming.

Hope this answers your questions,

midesign:
Ms Mel, these were some great resutls Dudess:P

Just curiuos to know if you used the bouncingPipEA_mpowerV42.mq4o some other version?

Thanks for sharing your results~!

Shiva

Hmmmmm...... page 234, post #2340... it's all there... is it so difficult to read back a bit before asking? hmmmmmmm

Ms_Mel:
Hmmmmm...... page 234, post #2340... it's all there... is it so difficult to read back a bit before asking? hmmmmmmm

Certainly not difficult, neither was just mentioning a version number in your answer, thanks for being so nice

NonLagZigZag_V2

hello traders,

i need the nonlagzigzag_v2 with an alert function. does this exist already? if yes, could someone attach it here?

thanks alot

PriNova

Hey PriNova check the first post all indicators there...

Reason: