Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 124

fantastic

MrPip:
The bouncingPipEA_BigBear21 uses the original method by opening a trade as soon as an arrow appears.

The bouncingPipEA_mPowerV41 trades on closed candles with a delay until the requested filters give the OK to trade.

The new version 22 attached has filters for MFI, Stochastics and RSI. Backtest on GBPUSD showed only RSI and Stochastics together to finish with a small profit. All other combinations showed loss with no filter showing the most loss.

The test was run with 50 stoploss added to high or low of trigger candle on 1 hr chart.

Robert

I believe youve got it!!

I tested from jul through today and this is what happened.

Files:

turnupvol:
To All, I haven't added anything to this thread in a while, I have been testing exit stategies extensively. THE BEST EXIT INDICATOR IS THE BBRSI&MA attached. Everyone add this to your charts, any pair, any tf. I'll include some pics later. For now, just test it and see what I'm talking about. Adding it to this EA would make it unstoppable. It would be the only indi required for EXITING a position.

Hi Tunrupvol,

Could you please explain what the EXACT exit rule would be.

If the crossing of the blue and brown line is the exit then indeed it is razor sharp but then again it gives a lot of false or unnescessary exits were one should stay in a trade because a lot of profit is missed out ( crossing is crossing or exit is exit...there is no way that you can get back in)

The same goes for the crossing of the blue and green line.

The crossing of the brown and green, in many casses doesn't happen at all so one would stay in his trade even after going back seriously the wrong way, if he deppends on that rule.

So do I overlook something? Remember , a good exit indicator is an indicator that is not to quick nore to late. It's an indicator that in average will do the job. Meaning give back some profit from an ideal point but keep you in a position were meaningless moves happens ( the blue line reacts on every meaningless move).

Even do that I believe it is a very good indicator for a discretionary trader. But I have serious doubts in a mecanical system.

friendly regards..iGoR

forex11:
I believe youve got it!! I tested from jul through today and this is what happened.

First, cheers to all mates with great efforts & participations in this valuable thread.

Forex11, have u considered the repaint issue in the backtest, what i mean does this EA is considering the repaint issue?

BK

forex11:
I believe youve got it!! I tested from jul through today and this is what happened.

Hi Forex11,

I don't want to spoil you party absolutly not. I don't want to be a pain in the ass nore distructive but is it possible before making claims as "you got it ....I tested it over a 2 1/2 month period" that at least you could run a backtest over a 5 year period.

We all know that volatility pick up again since the month of june.

How reliable is a test over such a short period with so few trades ?...It is the same as you would say EUREKA I found a cure against cancer...I have tested it on 1 chimp 2 mize and 5 people and over a 6 month period ( we all know that a medicin gets released after a 10 year test faze--after having so many problems with softenon been tested over only a 3 year period)).

If you want I gonna help to supply you the data but please do this a little bit professional. The test didn't even contain any "out of sample data".

So the reliability is zero.

I don't mean or want to say that the system doesn't work or is not a great system but the results as presented now, can not be trusted at all.

hopefully you want attack me because you feel this as tempering your euforic feelings. As I said I REALY want to be helpfull.

regards...iGoR

PS. We are with a bunch of people here who have the brains and the skills so do it professionaly and not as the steinutz topic were test were run that were not to be trusted at all but looked very good and afterworths everybody burned their accounts (no offence at all to robert--he was not in charge). Give it at least a reliable shot...

opinion

iGoR:
Hi Forex11,

I don't want to spoil you party absolutly not. I don't want to be a pain in the ass nore distructive but is it possible before making claims as "you got it ....I tested it over a 2 1/2 month period" that at least you could run a backtest over a 5 year period.

We all know that volatility pick up again since the month of june.

How reliable is a test over such a short period with so few trades ?...It is the same as you would say EUREKA I found a cure against cancer...I have tested it on 1 chimp 2 mize and 5 people and over a 6 month period ( we all know that a medicin gets released after a 10 year test faze--after having so many problems with softenon been tested over only a 3 year period)).

If you want I gonna help to supply you the data but please do this a little bit professional. The test didn't even contain any "out of sample data".

So the reliability is zero.

I don't mean or want to say that the system doesn't work or is not a great system but the results as presented now, can not be trusted at all.

hopefully you want attack me because you feel this as tempering your euforic feelings. As I said I REALY want to be helpfull.

regards...iGoR

PS. We are with a bunch of people here who have the brains and the skills so do it professionaly and not as the steinutz topic were test were run that were not to be trusted at all but looked very good and afterworths everybody burned their accounts (no offence at all to robert--he was not in charge). Give it at least a reliable shot...

everyone is intitled to their opinion.

forex11:
everyone is intitled to their opinion.

forget what I said...

forex11:

I think I missed something...

Which version of the EA did you use and which filters? What TF?

ningtyas:

My quetions is :

1. Why in that chart, the one's get ENTRY position and the other not yet ?? Am I missing one thing with your setting or logic that each system's that you want to make it ( I mean about the filter ) ???

Thank your soo much Mrpip for your kindness and explained.

Best regards,

ningtyas

Because in the first chart the QQE crossed and nonlagdot is blue.

In the second the QQE hasn't crossed yet.

I don't have this EA...so I'm not sure whether it takes these 2 conditions to enter...but looks like this.

dxtrade:
Because in the first chart the QQE crossed and nonlagdot is blue.

In the second the QQE hasn't crossed yet.

I don't have this EA...so I'm not sure whether it takes these 2 conditions to enter...but looks like this.

Hi Mr. dxtrade,

Thank you for your explained, but please forgive me if I'm wrong.

You mean in the second chart the QQE was crossed but nonlagdot hasn't change ( be a blue ). I that what you mean Mr dxtrade ?

Thank's for your kindness,

ningtyas

yes, on the second chart the nonlagdot went blue but the QQE hadn't crossed yet. Then it crossed but the nonlagdot isn't blue anymore.

Reason: