Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 122

forex11:
ok here it is

forex11,

not sure, but your nonlagdots have the wrong settings I think.

Length=20

color=1

all other values set to 0

Yours looks like length=10

Take care...

Bug error on useZigZag_Exit

Mr. Pip and others,

I found bugs on Exit. Here is the info:

EA: mpower_V4

Pair: AUDUSD M30

Open : 0.8550 SHORT

SL : 0.8577 (high candle + 20)

Price go up to new high at 0.8570 then go down and Exit (CLOSE) trade at 0.8563. I believe this closed because of meet exit rules - useZigZag_Exit.

The problem is open SHORT and CLOSE is in the same direction.

My suggestion:

1. If open SHORT, exit on useZigZagExit + nonlagdot is LONG - blue color (zigzag is UP)

2. If open LONG, exit on useZigZagExit + nonlagdot is SHORT - red color (zigzag is DOWN)

It's my observation is true? or wrong.

thanks

dxtrade:
forex11,

not sure, but your nonlagdots have the wrong settings I think.

Length=20

color=1

all other values set to 0

Yours looks like length=10

Take care...

thanks. you were right.

MrPip:
Thank you.

This is not my only project. The indicators are the same that are used in the manual method, however I would suggest placing zigzag-pointerV2 on the chart to see where the erased arrows would be.

The other indicators are used for the filter and exit conditions and have been posted on the thread.

BigBear,

It would help everyone if all indicators required were attached to the first post in a zip file.

Robert

Hey Robert,

Here is the zip with all the tools & indicators I have & use on my charts. There is a template in there as well.

I have a M30, 1HR & a 4HR. If I see a signal on the 30 I check to see if its on th 1 hr & 4 hr. The more times it shows up the better the move will be.

As a rule of thumb for newbies or anyone who likes complete structure I have some TP according to which TF you get the Sig on.

This is conservative but if you look back in time & forward test it you will see it works well.

My preferred pair is the GBP/JPY. For EUR/JPY cut TPs in half.

30Min Sig = TP 100-150

1Hr Sig = TP 200-300

4Hr Sig = TP 800-1200

Stops would be the same. Below/above Signal high/low +30 on the 30, + 50 on the 1HR & + 100 on the 4HR if you use my original method & get in right away or at the close the signal candle. Otherwise use the above numbers as your SL.

These are settings that can be adjusted of course to meet your MM rules & risk appetite.

Good Luck,

Bear-

Files:
ftc_gear.zip  12 kb

millions thanks to all you guys who devote to this thread.let's try and test.

here is my market time.

Files:

I'm back and ready to do some testing.

Today I finally got linux running how it should be. Just a few problems with the editor but can use a text editor to make the changes.

Files:
snapshot1.jpg  27 kb

leeb:
Hi marko - looks great ! could you post the EA ? Thanks

Here is, but is not rewrite name from HAS to NLMA, so this should to do MrPip, but for now it can be here, than i will delet it, just for now.

Marko

Thanks to everyone for posting the market/session time indicators/info.

original method EA bug fix

MrPip:

There is a bug in that the EA often closes trades as soon as they are open. And the exit needs work.

If one of the other programmers has the time, maybe they can help find the bug.

This ea is based on the original method of entering a trade as soon as an arrow apears on the zigzag line.

This definitely could use a filter that is correct when the arrow appears. I am considering adding Stochastic and RSI. John Murphy, author of Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets, recommends using both together for better confirmation.

Robert

Bug fixed, does not close trades until valid signal for close.

Next will add Stochastics, RSI amd MoneyFlowIndex filters.

Any other suggestions?

Robert

Reason: