How to on Linux ?

I was woundering if anyone could tell how to get MT4 running on a linux based system.

I can install it ok but it won't start afterwards.

Thanks in advance

Basza

Hi,

you can try CrossOver Office :

http://www.codeweavers.com/

Its designed to support M$_Office and other M$ apps < AppList > under *unix systems, but I'm afraid that it'll be some problems with EAs (i.e. changing inputs) under emulation mode.

I'm not using it so I can't give you more info

Regards

nht:
Hi,

you can try CrossOver Office :

http://www.codeweavers.com/

Its designed to support M$_Office and other M$ apps < AppList > under *unix systems, but I'm afraid that it'll be some problems with EAs (i.e. changing inputs) under emulation mode.

I'm not using it so I can't give you more info

Regards

Thank you.

When I install Linux this weekend I'll give it a try and put a post here to say if it works or not.

Basza

Hello basza,

I am very interested by this possibility. Here several months that linux attracts me but I did not know how to make function mt4 with that. Thank you to say to us if that works correctly

I would so love to run MT on a *nix bawx

Has anyone tried running Metatrader 4 specifically using the Ubuntu Breezy distro?

Also, Is there anyone ( or knows of someone) here who is actively using Metatrader 4 successfully on a linux box, using cross over? Any quirks, limitaions, etc?

Thanks.

basza:
Thank you.

When I install Linux this weekend I'll give it a try and put a post here to say if it works or not.

Basza

Sorry for taking awhile to reply to my post, but have been trying for the last two weeks to get MT4 to run on linux.

I am using SuSE 10 with the latest wine and also CrossOver Office. The program itself loads ok , but the problem is that it won't run once installed. I am in the process of getting VMWare for linux so that I can run it for now. Will keep trying and will let you all know how I get on.

Please if anyone has been able to run MT4 on linux, could you please post a reply here as to how you managed to get to run.

Thanks

Just about got it

I have just about got but need some help from someone here.

1st - Can someone tell me how to take a screen shot using linux.

Once I have a screen shot someone should be able to tell me how to fix it. I will then be able to tell everyone how to get it running.

Thanks

Below is an image of MT4 running on linux ( SuSE ).

The problem is that tere is no text display in any of the menu's or sub menu's.

Is there somewhere in the settings where you can alter the font's used or is there something else that could be causing this issue.

Once this has been sorted out, there should be no other problems with running it on linux. I'll be testing it all week once the font issuse has been sorted.

Thanks

Files:
mt4-linux.jpg  283 kb

Ok MT4 is up and running on linux at about 95%. Will test this week to see how it does.

Below is a screenshot of it running today.

Files:
screen1.jpg  194 kb

basza:
Ok MT4 is up and running on linux at about 95%. Will test this week to see how it does. Below is a screenshot of it running today.

What do you use to use MT4 on linux?

Thanks

Reason: