Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 216

yet another filter:-)

Along those lines, here is another good one. That is to be found on this forum--3c_JRSX, period 31 works well on g/j. Here is the link to the Jurik pack:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173010/page5

I made an ea with just rsx 31 and 21 for entry and pc9 for exits. It was not in much profit, but at least it did not lose in 10 months of backtesting. Also that was 1 lot with no compounding at all. Notice the ability to be profitable even with 37% winning trades....The winning trades are just mindblowing on h1. Anyway just more ideas to improve trading results:-) Enjoy:-)

P.S. Again if ea had stop and reverse function results might've been a bit better.... But all in all, it is crappy the way it is....plus Jurik is another story. Sorry for digressing.

Files:

Which yellow line are you referring to -- the dashed line around the histogram?

roodstaart:
As I like the idea, here is a zigzag indicator that does not repaint. I know, some of you will smile now, but take a look. It is an indicator, special for the bouncing pip I guess . ON the chart it is in the lowest indicatorwindow. The yellow line will look like zigzag on 1hr and 4 hr. Even on 30 min it is of great use. From now on it is inpossible to not make money I think. When arrow appears, look at bottom indicator for confirmation. I guess this should be in the EA. And then deliver it to all the ones that have contributed on the bouncing pip in time here.

mpower:
Thanks a lot for posting that, Roodstaart. Just checked it out and it does not repaint. I have to figure out how to integrate it. Problem is the ea only opens long trades for some reason and I do not see why that is ghrrrrrr...

I wish I could help you...I know programming in VB tm 6, but not for EA.

So maybe this will help: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177131

There you will find ready parts of EA creation like opening and closing etc.

stav01:
Roodstaart,

I would like to ask a question. You appear to be using MTF dots of some type for trend to complement the ZZ? I have been using MTF Non-Lag MAs with a QQE for exact entry. Can you give me you opinion of that set-up? You are a more experienced trader than me, but from what I can see any fast trending indicator should do the trick.

And thanks for the new indicator.

Regards,

Paul.

Well, QQQ is good. As for MAs, I do not like them. They seem ok, but in the end they do not make enough money for me, so I seldom use it. And they are only usefull in a trending market. In ranging market not.

forexmoments:
Both Igor and Bear have presented systems that are very interesting. They should be commended for that. But to me it seems as though the difference of opinions between these two is now getting personal. It needs to stop.

Igor uses just the opposite approach of the bouncing pip. He trades with the trend determined by the zz, which seems to be working very well. I have done a lot of backtesting, and 90% of the time, when we have a hi/lo, the zz will repaint and make another hi/lo. That is given. So, both approaches have their merits, the trick is to use zz's with different settings. Igor uses five dt-zz's, not sure what the settings are seems like 100,60,40, and very small values for the TSR entries like 8 or 10, HMA_Russian, Heiken Ashi and Price channel stop.

mpower:
Hey guys. I made a qiuck ea using the Bouncing Pip idea, with this indicator 3_Level_ZZ, ZigandZag, and float. Uses settings 100,60, for all indies. Enters on signal 3, arrow, and zero volume of float, exits the same way. Now the problem is that closing the order coincides with the conditions being met for opening the opposite order so ea cannot open opposite order, it needs a stop and reverse function added. You see in the picture attached it should have opened the opposite order since all conditions were met but it did not. Also, it needs a stoploss set for low of candle "Current+1" +spread, instead of a static stop of 100 pips. I have a very limited knowledge of mql4 made this with the ea builder. So it would be great if somebody can handle this. Also for the programmer. Could you check the buy/sell/close logic? If I put the brackets properly since sometimes those ea's that i make work on the backtester but not in real time. Hope this ideas would be helpful to people. I am attaching the 3 indies that u need and the ea. P.S. Mr. Pip, I would've added this to the BP EA if I knew how...EA is too complicated for my little brain, LOL.

I have tried to get Mr Pips Ea to work but it never did take a trade on Ibfx no matter what I tried so thanks for working up this one.

I prefer to manual trade but if there is an EA that actually works I am not opposed to letting it work for me no matter the method used.

Bear

thanks for sharing, what works for one will not work for another and there are times that when something does work there will be others that will always find fault, always, so expect that and blow it off and move on

roodstaart:
As I like the idea, here is a zigzag indicator that does not repaint. I know, some of you will smile now, but take a look. It is an indicator, special for the bouncing pip I guess . ON the chart it is in the lowest indicatorwindow. The yellow line will look like zigzag on 1hr and 4 hr. Even on 30 min it is of great use. From now on it is inpossible to not make money I think. When arrow appears, look at bottom indicator for confirmation. I guess this should be in the EA. And then deliver it to all the ones that have contributed on the bouncing pip in time here.

roodstaart,

You are an inspiration to traders everywhere striving to achieve consistent profitablility. You also share unbegrudingly and for that I want to return the favor. The at_ZDn as well as the HMA4 have repaint issues. The former moreso than the latter. I'd have to agree w/ MPower @ using JRSX as a replacement for faulty at_ZDn and HMA_Russian_Color to replace the error-prone HMA4. Just a heads up from one trader to another.

roodstaart:
Well, QQQ is good. As for MAs, I do not like them. They seem ok, but in the end they do not make enough money for me, so I seldom use it. And they are only usefull in a trending market. In ranging market not.

Thanks Roodstaart - I will try using the ang ALR indcator that you posted instead. Are there setting which will make it work at lower timeframes - e.g. 15 mins? It seems great at 1hr amd 4hr like you say.

Paul.

hello

thanks,for indi,just changed the parameters of LRHr to 40,tested it on 4hr tf,got super frocasting indi.did,nt see it befor

roodstaart:

Hi Roodstart

Playing catch up here so please excuse the delayed question?

Would you mind taking a few minutes and explaining how one would best use this , if it could be used, in the Join the Dots Thread?

Thank you

Wayne

Reason: