Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 120

mpower:
This may help you.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177573/page75

Mr. Pip is doing a million things, so would you be so kind to read the thread...

I will attach a template when I get a moment....

P.S. The indicators need not to be attached for the ea to work. Just need to be in your custom indicators folder.

Thank you.

This is not my only project. The indicators are the same that are used in the manual method, however I would suggest placing zigzag-pointerV2 on the chart to see where the erased arrows would be.

The other indicators are used for the filter and exit conditions and have been posted on the thread.

BigBear,

It would help everyone if all indicators required were attached to the first post in a zip file.

Robert

original method EA

I have been working on this version and have become busy with other projects. It is a modified version of the bouncingPipEA_BigBear posted earlier.

I do not remember the original coder(Nix or Zmax or ...) but that can easily be added to the comments and copyright notice.

There is a bug in that the EA often closes trades as soon as they are open. And the exit needs work.

If one of the other programmers has the time, maybe they can help find the bug.

This ea is based on the original method of entering a trade as soon as an arrow apears on the zigzag line.

It takes a long time to backtest because it is using the current open candle so the indicators are calculated on each tick.

I added some of the code from the closed candle version to allow MM, testing of stoploss methods, and trailing stop.

It does show a large number of losses in a row but that could be due to the exit trade bug. This definitely could use a filter that is correct when the arrow appears. I am considering adding Stochastic and RSI. John Murphy, author of Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets, recommends using both together for better confirmation.

Robert

A bit off topic, but I'll ask anyway...

Can anyone tell me what indicator is used on this chat? (The rectangular box)

Nix

I used to have something like that called the box, that measures the range of a given session, intended to help in trading frankfurt and london open by marking the overnite range. Dxtrade should have it, it is his chart.

That's what I'm looking for. I need something that will help me distinguish the London, Tokyo & NY opening times (possibly even session overlapping times). I know it should be easy to code, but why re-invent the wheel

try this

nix:
That's what I'm looking for. I need something that will help me distinguish the London, Tokyo & NY opening times (possibly even session overlapping times). I know it should be easy to code, but why re-invent the wheel

i hope this is what you arew looking for

Files:

Tnx FX11, that is the indicator that I used to have, it covers all sessions. Nix, here is a link to a FF thread that has some good box indicators covering different sessions:

Box Breakout indicator - Page 2

wondering

I was wondering if anyone has a down arrow on the gbp/jpy 1 hr chart.

because my chart does not have one, but my 30min does.

Strange...

Hmm, here is my 30 min gbp/jpy chart

Files:
gbpjpy_1.gif  39 kb

mine too

yes i have a arrow on the 30min but not the 1hr.

i was wondering if you had an arrow on 1 hr also

Reason: