Emily_v8 - page 17

granpa:
i just change it to "lots=NormalizeDouble(lots*1,1)" instead of lots*3

and all manually close depend on trends

Hmmm....... You have long position on 1.3559 but I have short position on 1.3559. Very interesting.

You have excellent results Were you using 15 minutes time frame with Emily v20?

yes my friend, i'm using Emily_20 with tf m15....but i closed it manually, for me, >50 pips is too much and waste your time....

anyhow, wait for emily next week...

granpa:
yes my friend, i'm using Emily_20 with tf m15....but i closed it manually, for me, >50 pips is too much and waste your time.... anyhow, wait for emily next week...

Granpa Thanks for your comments and work

The idea for Emily is that working alone without any human intervention, but in the moment is not possible. Your way is better.

But I liked that you explain here how and when you close the open positions. Because is posible to put this into the EA.

I know that 50 pips is too much, this is because in this moment is the step that better work with this Emily

Thanks again for your comments and for me dont have any problem if some one like to finish this EA ( I dont know what direction can take now). Remember that the code of this EA is not my code I only take some ideas from this excelent forum.

for now, i just follow this trend manager indicator....

for emily attached below, i just change lots*3 to lots*1...

yes emily before can gain your money fast but also clean your pocket fast too..but, if this trend manager can help, i hope we can turn to lots*3..

attachment as below...

Thanks Granpa

I will try this week

I hope that have a good lack

Regards

I lost all on my account

Suggestion

Hi All

Can I make a suggestion -> when there is a losing trade, move to a higher timeframe to evaluate the entry point. As part of the strategy, have an array of timeframes and simply set the starting timeframe, rather than having the current chart timeframe establish the entry indicator timeframe. I hope that makes sense, a bit more detail:

The entry point is established by a macd signal, here is the value calc:

double macd = iMACD(NULL,0,5,13,1,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0);

instead, do this:

int timeframes[9]; // 1M to weekly

timeframes[0] = 1;

timeframes[1] = 5;

.... etc, these are the timeframe constants...

int currentTimeframe = 0; // index pointing to 1 minute

double macd = iMACD(NULL,timeframes[currentTimeframe],5,13,1,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0);

.... and increment currentTimeframe every time there is a loss, possibly doubling profit target on next trade. My theory is that if there is an indicator that works most of the time and there is a break against it, then a larger timeframe is in play and the current should be ignored - to continue added losing trades on the current timeframe is being very hopeful and is bad trading practise.

Hope this helps.

4xdude

Why doesnt open trade

hello all,

i need some clue direction, i run Emily_v20 but nothing happen to open trade. should i wait to a day or its open in few minutes or depend systems configuration ? how much time i wait to get open trade from Emily_v20 ?

thanks.

regards

jimmy

jimmyjembrong:
hello all,

i need some clue direction, i run Emily_v20 but nothing happen to open trade. should i wait to a day or its open in few minutes or depend systems configuration ? how much time i wait to get open trade from Emily_v20 ?

thanks.

regards

jimmy

You must see some lines in the chart. Then ...when the actual price take the line for buy or sell Emily open the trade in this direction.

In one day is time in of for can open some traders.

If you cant see the lines is because the EA is not runing propiertly.

Reason: