Firebird EA - page 2

are u using the settings you posted before? is there a way to minimize the amount of orders i noticed it opens way too much and eats up margin

thank you

boxingislife:
are u using the settings you posted before? is there a way to minimize the amount of orders i noticed it opens way too much and eats up margin thank you

Yes, same settings. Still looking for the right settings to minimize the settings.

i tested it on a 50$ live account last night woke up to 70$ and it ate up all my margin i had to wait till the pair retraced and closed out and was left with 62$ which isnt bad for 1 night lol

if we can minimize the amount of trades open it can be much better

boxingislife:
i tested it on a 50$ live account last night woke up to 70$ and it ate up all my margin i had to wait till the pair retraced and closed out and was left with 62$ which isnt bad for 1 night lol if we can minimize the amount of trades open it can be much better

Let's keep on testing. And please keep me informed when you have found the right settings to minimize the trades ( on the other hand... I wish I could make this profit on a live account!!)

Hi everyone:

I am testing the EA for timeframe 30. But after waiting for on hour,nothing happened(I mean no trade opened). Are there some other setting should be done? ( For example ,attach a 10 SMA to the chart maybe?)

Thank you in advance for the help!

no nuthin else. it should open trades when theres big moves. if its stuck in a range it prob wont do anything. do a search for firebird and check out the document on it

Hendrick:
Hi! See my statement for the second day.

Hi Hendrick,

Thank you for your results, very impressive. Looking at it, I have few questions. Please refer to your result, exactly at 2006.05.22 06:24, you took 3 different USDJPY sell order (ticket 3199199, 3199243 and 3199296) of 0.5 lots each. Were those orders generated by the EA according to your setting posted?

And the same case here exactly at 2006.05.22 06:26, where you took 22 USDJPY sell orders of 0.5 lots each. Are those also ordered by the EA?

Also, the Take Profit level. In your settings, you put 160, but looking at the result you posted, the Take Profit levels are about 90 to 100+. Which do you really use?

Need some clarification on this matter, please. Thank you.

-RJ1-

RJ1:
Hi Hendrick,

Thank you for your results, very impressive. Looking at it, I have few questions. Please refer to your result, exactly at 2006.05.22 06:24, you took 3 different USDJPY sell order (ticket 3199199, 3199243 and 3199296) of 0.5 lots each. Were those orders generated by the EA according to your setting posted?

And the same case here exactly at 2006.05.22 06:26, where you took 22 USDJPY sell orders of 0.5 lots each. Are those also ordered by the EA?

Also, the Take Profit level. In your settings, you put 160, but looking at the result you posted, the Take Profit levels are about 90 to 100+. Which do you really use?

Need some clarification on this matter, please. Thank you.

-RJ1-

Hi RJ1,

All trades were ordered by the EA. A lot of trades were closed by hand because there was no margin left for new trades. Now I use a TP of 28. For the rest I use the default settings. Hope this helps!

Firebird: in 3 days from 5.000 to 25.000

See my statement. Firebird v06TF. In only 3 days from 5.000 to 25.000. And yes I know this EA is risky. It's a wild horse!! But there are ways to handle this one! Above all it's fun to see an EA that's making money real fast.

Files:

I wonder if and when you go live with this EA you might consider starting with microlots in order to better handle the margin etc? Of course demo it on microlots first. Is there a respected MT4 broker that has microlots, do you know by chance? cheers

Hendrick:
See my statement. Firebird v06TF. In only 3 days from 5.000 to 25.000. And yes I know this EA is risky. It's a wild horse!! But there are ways to handle this one! Above all it's fun to see an EA that's making money real fast.
Reason: