The Only Pivot - page 250

Stopped out of short trade for -150 pips. Done for the day with two losses back-to-back.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We had a reversal sell signal and I got in short @ 205.47. Stopped out of the long trade for -150 pips. Missed the chance to manually close for approx. +40 pips on the sell trade. TimeFreedom

et_phonehome_2:
Core Do you always use the 4HR charts with BT? Though they always say trade with the trend, but if you waited for the 4HR to confirm, you may miss some big moves.

Hi Et_Phonehome,

Use TF 4H charts with BT to filter my trade.

Yes, I miss some big moves.

Why? I have no many times to trade.

zorak:
core, Well done!

2 questions, pleeeeeez

What is your SL? Do you use trailing stop?

1. My SL is BrainTrend

2. I don't use Trailing Stop, my target daily only 50 pips

Today closed +85pips from sell signals

mikl_73112:
The ea stopped trading when i changed my TP's and Sl's. I think it's executed 1 of the last 6 signals. These settings wouldn't affect it would it? The setup works fine in backtesting... I'm running IBFX Demo, attached is the set file

The ea finally started trading with new choppy market settings. It bails out on the intial order with 25 pips and stops the other four at +1 when the market reverses. TP is stepped up at intervals to 200 for the big moves......Trying to capture some pips in both conditions.......We'll see what happens.

It picked up 25pips on the last signal and stopped out on the previous long.

If it doesn't hit the first target of 25 before the reverse it can be painful at -75 pips SL x5.

Files:
op_1.gif  17 kb

I am starting to have my doubts about this system.. My demo account is down to 18k when it started out at 50k

Hello David,

Curious how many positions are you opening per signal?

Most likely you are over exposed. I have seen my demo 10K acct. go up to +17% and is now down to +10%, but you are negative -36%. MM is very important and that's why I only use two mini lots with a 10K account. To get the same exposure with your 50K you should use two mini lots per 10K, ex. 0.20 (10K) * 5 (50K) = 1.00 standard lot. The max you should use is 1 standard lot with a 50K acct. IMO.

PS: Don't get discouraged with these losses. If you remember January was an exceptional month and most likely we will have another exceptional month soon. Based on my backtest results we should expect months with 7% DD. If you are not over exposed 7% DD should not kill your acct.

TimeFreedom

davidwillis:
I am starting to have my doubts about this system.. My demo account is down to 18k when it started out at 50k

TimeFreedom:
Most likely you are over exposed. I have seen my demo 10K acct. go up to +17% and is now down to +10%, but you are negative -36%. MM is very important and that's why I only use two mini lots with a 10K account. To get the same exposure with your 50K you should use two mini lots per 10K, ex. 0.20 (10K) * 5 (50K) = 1.00 standard lot. The max you should use is 1 standard lot with a 50K acct. IMO.

PS: Don't get discouraged with these losses. If you remember January was an exceptional month and most likely we will have another exceptional month soon. Based on my backtest results we should expect months with 7% DD. If you are not over exposed 7% DD should not kill your acct.

TimeFreedom

Yes, I am using 5 lots, so I am probably over exposed. But my account is actually down 64%. I only have 18k left, and am down 32k. If I were only trading 1/5th that, I would be down about 13%. It also may be that I am using 5 tp points, which makes it worse in a ranging market.

Anyway, it is a good thing it is a demo.

I like mixing the Only Pivot with the Brain Trend like Core does. I been working with it with GBPJPY, USDCAD, EURUSD and AUDUSD. I also like the idea of getting 50 pips or so and then running with the profits. Hang in there David, your ideas have been very important to the system as well as others. Maybe this is just a temporary drawdown. Oh, I also use it in smaller and larger time frames than the 1hr.

Thanks guys. I am probably feeling a little worse about things right now, because I am just starting to get over the worst flue I have ever had. I have been in bed with a fever of 103 since monday, and today is the first day I am starting to see the end of it. So it has been a rough week, and I am a little discouraged. But I am sure I will start feeling better soon.

David