The Only Pivot - page 246

David, nice EA, looking good. Just a suggestion. Perhaps you should add a trailing stop option. The two orders are placed, first one hits TP of 50, second order moves to break even there, then a trailing stop kicks in. I just noticed that sometimes when the market really trends, we leave a lot of pips behind. Thanks for all your hard work.

jturns23:
David, nice EA, looking good. Just a suggestion. Perhaps you should add a trailing stop option. The two orders are placed, first one hits TP of 50, second order moves to break even there, then a trailing stop kicks in. I just noticed that sometimes when the market really trends, we leave a lot of pips behind. Thanks for all your hard work.

can u post ur chart? it seems u got different chart. thanks.

Re,: EA19

Hi David,

does EA19 work properly only if it is attached to the chart by certain time (like before 1GMT)? i got a buy entry for some reasons when i attached it to the chart late (after 1GMT). thanks.

Files:

how to add & TEST EA

HI,

how to add & backtest EA

thanks

TimeFreedom,

Forgive me if you've answered this question before. Here goes...what indicators you need if you're using the EA? Also, what settings are you having in the EA?

Did I forget to thank you, Stevenali and Dave?

Keep up the good work!

Closed out short trade for +51pips.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a sell signal and I am short @ 205.11 using David's EA v1.9. TimeFreedom

If your using the EA to trade the original strategy with no filters then use the #2 link on my signature for your indicators and template. Enclosed you will find the EA v1.9 preset I am using to trade the original strategy.

TimeFreedom

zorak:
TimeFreedom,

Forgive me if you've answered this question before. Here goes...what indicators you need if you're using the EA? Also, what settings are you having in the EA?

Did I forget to thank you, Stevenali and Dave?

Keep up the good work!
Files:

hye..could someone please tell me, what number should i set for timeshift??

i use fxmalay and northfinance...

thanks in advance

Closed 52+12 = +64 pips from Sell

davidwillis:
I backtested, and am using these settings:

TP1 = 50;

TP2 = 100;

TP3 = 150;

TP4 = 200;

TP5 = 250;

SLinitial=75;

SL1 = -1;

SL2 = -50;

SL3 = -100;

SL4 = -150;

SL5 = -200;

SLA1 = 50;

SLA2 = 100;

SLA3 = 150;

SLA4 = 200;

SLA5 = 250;

Backtesting shows much better, and so far it has worked well forward testing. Today was especially good

Attached are my results so far forward testing David's settings above. Looks great in a nice trend, but the stop losses can hurt when it's choppy. Looking for the best of both worlds of course .

Files:
Reason: