The Only Pivot - page 247

mikl_73112:
Attached are my results so far forward testing David's settings above. Looks great in a nice trend, but the stop losses can hurt when it's choppy. Looking for the best of both worlds of course .

I would target for 25 PIP minimum, and move the remaining lots to BE+1 once the initial lot TP Is hit. Too bad we can't predict choppiness except after the fact.

Fx_Knight:
Hi David, does EA19 work properly only if it is attached to the chart by certain time (like before 1GMT)? i got a buy entry for some reasons when i attached it to the chart late (after 1GMT). thanks.

No, but your daily price is wrong. Is it on a broker that is at GMT=0? If not, you have to adjust the start time so it starts at GMT=0.

et_phonehome_2:
I would target for 25 PIP minimum, and move the remaining lots to BE+1 once the initial lot TP Is hit. Too bad we can't predict choppiness except after the fact.

Thanks ET,

That would have done well over the last couple of days. I'll try it.

TimeFreedom, thanks...do I save this under experts sub-folder? i.e; c:\program files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\

Save the presets into \\experts\presets.

TimeFreedom

zorak:
TimeFreedom, thanks...do I save this under experts sub-folder? i.e; c:\program files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\

gundurowo, Open a M1 chart in both MT4s and put the cursor on the last candle (to the right). Look at the time in the middle bottom of the screen. That's the broker's server time. How far is it from GMT +- hours...that's the time you put in the EA. Example if the last candle time is +2 GMT, you put 2. If -3 GMT, you put -3.

TimeFreedom, may all the pips in the world be in your way for many moons to come

The Only Pivot

Shinigami:
Thanks for sharing!

I'm uploading 2 more indicators with popular pivots - High+Low+Close/3 and Open as pivot.

That will only change the line of pivot, floating pivot remains unchanged.

By standard indicator we had to buy now, while by open indicator we had to sell now. Standard pivot doesn't differ much.

Good pips to everyone!

Shinigami,

please explain how to upload both the open and close pivot on the MT4

Regards

Olufikayo

zorak:
gundurowo, Open a M1 chart in both MT4s and put the cursor on the last candle (to the right). Look at the time in the middle bottom of the screen. That's the broker's server time. How far is it from GMT +- hours...that's the time you put in the EA. Example if the last candle time is +2 GMT, you put 2. If -3 GMT, you put -3.

actually, I didn't do it that way. download the clock indicator I have attached, and wait until it says GMT is 0:00, then look at what it says for your broker time. Put that number in. Or you can figure it out. if you are -3, you should put in 21 in for the start time(I think).

Files:

We have a sell signal and I am short @ 205.05.

TimeFreedom

Reason: