Woodies cci trading on forex market

Hi guys

I have decided to hold on this forum a journal where I'll record and explain my trades based on woodies cci patterns. I'm not a professional trader so do not take any post as a trading advice. I just like trading and would like to share with you my experience. Do not hesitate at all to add your comments, post your advices or tell us your experience with woodies cci trading.

I use woodies cci indicators for MT4 ( You can find it attached) and trade 4 hours timeframe. Why 4 hours time frame? Because I'm a day worker and I can't sit all the day in front of my computer but I can check my chart chart every 2 hours or 4 hors to see if there is a new set up to trade during european and american session.

I use Wcci to open a trade and set profit target to exit of the trade. For each set up I spot I take three positions. The first with a take profit set at 1 ATR ( Average true range indicator of 2 previous candles) of the entry point. The second at 1.5 ATR and the third and last at 2 ATR.

The initial stop loss is set 3 or 4 pips below or above the low or the high of the previous bar or the entry bar. I choose the previous bar when the body of the entry is too small otherwise I take the entry bar.

When a pattern is spoted I enter the market when 30 or 20 minutes left in the bar. At this moment I'm sure the pattern is valid.

How I manage my positions:

When the first target is hit I move the stop loss the break even and when the second target is hit I move the stop los of the last position at the level of the first target.

You can go to Relocate to get the latest document of this strategy if you need more details or ask your question I'll respond.

This is the strategy I wanted to share with you and the rules that I'll try to follow in this thread. I do not know if it's profitable. I'll try to see it in the next coming months.

Thanks.

bouga

Hi guys

I'm happy to post today the first trade of my trading journal. It's a ZLR long on XAUUSD. All the ZLR pattern was on the chart:

buy @ 1196.55 stop 1191.500 Tp 1199.00 hit +2.45 points (+$ 122.5

buy @ 1196.55 stop 1191.500 Tp 1200.25 hit +3.75points (+$ 185.00)

buy @ 1196.55 stop 1191.500 Tp 1201.50 hit +4.95 points(+$ 245.50).

I placed 0.50 lot per order on this trade and was out of office when the market hit the TP.

You can see below the chart of the entry chart and the exit chart. This trade goes very fast this is the reason why I posted the two charts together.

Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers

bouga

Another ZLR trade that I just take

Stop @ 1.2933 buy @ 1.2821 TP1 @ 1.2768

Stop @ 1.2933 buy @ 1.2821 TP2 @ 1.2742

Stop @ 1.2933 buy @ 1.2821 TP3 @ 1.2716

The stop will be moved to breakeven when the first target will be hit.

I'll updated.

Cheers

Files:

First target hit +53 pips locked (+ $ 265). Stop moved to BE-1 pip on the 2 remaining positions

I'll update

The second TP @ 1.2742 has been hit after the opening of the Asian session. The market moved back then and hit the stop loss of the last order at the BE+1 pip (1.2819). All this happened during the asian session. I was sleeping and was not able to move the stop loss of the last order at the level of the first TP when the TP of the second order has been hit.

Hi guys

The two ramaining positions have been closed on monday during the asian session. I was sleeping when it happened:

The target of the second order has been hit @ 1.2742. The market moved back after and hit the stop loss of last order at 1.2819 BE+1 pip.

I catch +132 pips ($ 665) on this trade

When I first ran into Ken Wood and his method of trading using a CCI indicator, I though he was full of it.I mean, some of the things he says are pretty crazy. For example he talks about he looks for patters on an indicator.We all know that indicators lag price. So he had to be knowing about things in the price after they'd occurred. Well, it's true that the CCI lags , but it's lag isn't that great.Furthermore, the CCI does something that really helps. It makes things easier.I mean instead of watching the price bounce all over, you have just one line. Thing about it. For each time period, you have four prices, a high, a low, and open and a close.With Woodie's CCI, you have just one. The value of whatever the price is there. That's it.So it really simplifies things. Then if you carefully look at some of his patterns, you notice something.All those patterns show fundamentally sound trading opportunities in the price action .Woodie recommends just using the CCI indicator with no price. I'm going to contradict him. Well, somewhat. Here's the deal.You need to tune yourself into the market. You need to understand what a good ghost looks like. You can only do that by watching the price at the same time and getting a grasp of what the market is doing.

Reason: