The Only Pivot - page 198

Enclosed you will find my backtesting results using IBFX historical data.

I downloaded M1 data in MT4 Historical Center and then converted the M1 data into periods M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, and D1 using the built-in period converter script. I tried using Alpari data but noticed a few discrepancies as pointed out by Raju.

Backtesting Period: 01/01/2007-02/06/2008

Beginning Balance: $10,000

Net Profit: $1,314.47 / 13%

Profit Trades: 51.42%

Absolute Drawdown: $2,825.60 / 28%

Historical Data: IBFX

Tested Timeframe:H1

TimeFreedom

ok, here is an EA that uses the filter, and should work with any broker, you just have to set the start and end times for your broker.

I just finished this, and haven't even had time to test it. It is version 0.1, so it may have a lot of bugs, and may not even work. I would run a backtest, but I am running an optimization on something else right now, and besides I need to go to sleep. I just thought someone may want to play with it before I have time to test it.

Files:

davidwillis:
ok, here is an EA that uses the filter, and should work with any broker, you just have to set the start and end times for your broker. I just finished this, and haven't even had time to test it. It is version 0.1, so it may have a lot of bugs, and may not even work. I would run a backtest, but I am running an optimization on something else right now, and besides I need to go to sleep. I just thought someone may want to play with it before I have time to test it.

Hi David

Many thanx for the Ea

which filter have you incoporated into the EA?

Pavlos

TimeFreedom:
We have a buy signal and I am long @ 208.57 using David's EA v1.2. TimeFreedom

Good conformation with a Daily Pin Bar and break of the 208.84 S/R.

Jim

Files:
gbpjjpya.gif  14 kb

Closed +30 pips from buy

core:
Closed +30 pips from buy

Why close? Let that baby ride. Free trading is a good thing.

EA closed buy trade for +160 pips.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a buy signal and I am long @ 208.57 using David's EA v1.2. TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
EA closed buy trade for +160 pips. TimeFreedom

Nice, TF.

My entry was 208.61. Took half off for 75 pips and letting the other half ride at break even. 208.84 S/R level is holding pretty good. That's my next stop loss level. Free trading, its what its all about.

Jim

Please

TimeFreedom:
EA closed buy trade for +160 pips. TimeFreedom

Would you ming posting the EA you are using?

The one I have doesn't open any orders...

Thanks mate...

OPEN PRICE is calculated at 5:01PM EST

Hello,

This is a great system. I have been following it for a while now.

I have used it very effectively (with ups and downs, as with any strategy).

Just an observation, I calculate the OPEN PRICE as all the major institutions do, which is at 5:01 PM EST.

All major institutions calculate OPEN PRICE, and PIVOT POINTS at that time, in all markets (US, JAPAN, EUROPE, etc), at 5:01PM EST.

Just an observation.

If calculating open price at a differecnt time has worked for you, great, more power to you.

Like I said, great system, thanks for sharing.

But, I wanted to share that piece of information too, which you may or may not already know, or may or may not choose to ignore.

CHUMI

Reason: