Profit Generator EA - page 22

Encloses is my statement for the H4 case. The settings are as follows:

extern int ID = 1234; // Change this number if running more than one EA

extern double lots=1.0;

extern bool MM = false; //Use Money Management or not

extern int Risk = 10; //percent of available margin to risk.

extern int stoploss=30,takeprofit=40;

extern bool UseClose=false;

extern int TSactivation=40,TrailPips=5;

extern int MaxTrades=1; //maximum number of trades open at a time

extern bool UseHourTrade = false;

extern int FromHourTrade = 7;

extern int ToHourTrade = 20;

extern int LongBar=15; // sets the minimum length of the bar

extern bool UseLastPeriodPerams=false;// uses the high and low from last period for calculation

extern int period=0; // leave this number as zero to use the period from the chart.

extern bool OneTradeperPeriod=false; //This will only allow one new trade per period.

extern bool DisablePeriodMGMT=false;

extern bool Alerts=false,AlertOnlyMode=false;

Maji:
Encloses is my statement for the H4 case. The settings are as follows:

Nice so far Maji. Looks like a LongBar of 15 is working so far for the H4 timeframe.

Update statement today.

Files:
pg.htm  25 kb

Hi Maji

Pls can you attache EA which you are using for above mentioned statement of 4 hrs

kumawat:
Hi Maji Pls can you attache EA which you are using for above mentioned statement of 4 hrs

I am using Profit Generator Option Set 2 done by Nich. It is somewhere in this thread, please search for it. The starter of this thread Holyguy had requested that not too many of the EAs to be floating around, and hence in accordance to his request, I am not going to attach the EA. Please spend a few minutes to search through the thread.

Maji

Maji

Is the same which you posted at post # 65

It is a variation of that system. Nich had made further improvements to it, but I have turned most of those improvements off. I think you can use the EA attached on the first message of this thread and use the parameters outlined.

Hope this helps,

Maji

Hey Delsule,

What Long Bar setting are you using on your 30 min timeframe? 15 or 20?

Also, I think you should try a smaller stop loss - they are killing your results.

Mike.

This has been an invigorating thread to read! I am going to start forward testing v2.7 of this EA. When I've settled on parameters, I'll fill out the sign-up sheet.

Alan

How to get better Backtesting results

Step by Step, How to get better Backtesting Results

1. Go download the MT4 Data for the currency pair you want to backtest found HERE. Make sure you download the M1 data. It should give you data for every minute all the way back into 2004 (about 1.5 years of backdata).

2. After you unzip the data on your Hard Drive, you need to import the data into Metatrader 4.

3. Open up M1 Chartof the currency pair you want to import the data from.

4. You need to go to your History Center in Metatrader 4. Hit F2 on your keyboard. Or Click on the top of Metatrader: Tools and choose History Center

5. Open Forex, Open Currency Pair to import and Open M1

6. Click Import and Browse to the location where you unzipped the Data for the currency pair.

7. Make sure File Typeis on Metaquotes files. Click Open and OK. Then Close.

8. Now, in the Navigator window on the left side of your Metatrader 4 program, open up Scripts. It should be right below Custom Indicators.

9. Open the chart offline by going to File- Openoffline - SELECT and open the Pair on M1 Timeframe.

10. You should still have the M1 Chart open on the currency pair. You need to Double click on Period Converterscript.

10. Click Input tab and you should see the Value as 3. You need to change the value to 5 (M5), 15 (M15), 30 (M30), 60 (H1), 240 (H4), 1440 (D1).

11. Now, click Tools- Options- Charts tab and change the Max Bars in History and Max Bars in Chart to 999999999999 and click OK.

Basically, you are converting the M1 data that you imported into the different timeframes that you want to test. You can do one at a time to do all of them.

I usually start and choose 5 then click OK. Then I double click again on the Period Converter and change the value to 15 then click OK, then I click again and change the value to 30 then click OK, until I have completed the timeframes.

I have done this with all currency pairs that I can download on all timeframes. It is good to have this as it gives you an idea if something is going to work or not.

I hope this helps.

Reason: