The Only Pivot - page 195

TimeFreedom:
We have a buy signal and I am long @ 208.62. IMO price should head down due to price finding resistance @ 209.24 area, which was yesterday's open price.

FYI: Didn't get a chance to post yesterday. I have been doing some visual backtesting from 01-01-07 to 01-01-08 and the results are not good. We need to filter out the bad trades...if I had a penny for every time I have heard that one. I have come up with an idea, without using indicators, I would like to run by the thread. Give me some time and I will post the filter idea. I will also need David to help implement the idea in his EA?

TimeFreedom

No problem, let me know what it is, and I will see if I can get it done.

Sell at 208.36 SL 209.00

(BT & arrow down)

Files:

We got a sell signal, reversal, and I am short @ 208.29. Got in a little late. Closed the long trade for -64 pips.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a buy signal and I am long @ 208.62. IMO price should head down due to price finding resistance @ 209.24 area, which was yesterday's open price.

FYI: Didn't get a chance to post yesterday. I have been doing some visual backtesting from 01-01-07 to 01-01-08 and the results are not good. We need to filter out the bad trades...if I had a penny for every time I have heard that one. I have come up with an idea, without using indicators, I would like to run by the thread. Give me some time and I will post the filter idea. I will also need David to help implement the idea in his EA?

TimeFreedom

davidwillis:
No problem, let me know what it is, and I will see if I can get it done.

My indi recognized a sell at 208.38, but the ea didn't open a trade. Should it have?

Thanks,

Edit: It did open two trades for me. It just didn't register right away, but it did open at 208.38.

Thanks again,

FXHound:
Is it possible to run v1.2 EA on six different charts at the same time? I just tried to change the magic number but it would not open the trade on the second chart for USD/JPY. The only chart that opens the trade is GBP/JPY but not on USD/JPY chart. Please advise

I don't see why that wouldn't work. I have used mine on usd/jpy, and it opened trades. I will do some testing to see if it works when both are open.

by the way, you won't need to change the magic number unless you have the ea on two charts of the same currency pair.

Enclosed you will find two charts with the common TOP indicators, but you will notice that the second chart's Open Price level, teal color, has dashed lines above and below them. The dashed lines are the filter. You now get buy/sell signals once SMMA closes above/below the dashed lines. Based on my observations and visual backtest we get a lot of false signal early in the Asian open. This is a work-in-progress. Another idea is to wait for London open to trade?

I am currently using 12 pips above and below the Open Price for the filter. With the EA we can test the best filter.

TimeFreedom

Hi David,

V1.2 closed and opened sell but v1.3 is still holding a buy. Did v1.3 open a sell for you and close out the long?

thanks

TimeFreedom:
Enclosed you will find two charts with the common TOP indicators, but you will notice that the second chart's Open Price level, teal color, has dashed lines above and below them. The dashed lines are the filter. You now get buy/sell signals once SMMA closes above/below the dashed lines. Based on my observations and visual backtest we get a lot of false signal early in the Asian open. This is a work-in-progress. Another idea is to wait for London open to trade?

I am currently using 12 pips above and below the Open Price for the filter. With the EA we can test the best filter.

TimeFreedom

I think opening at London session is a good idea

Fxdd

Just for info:

2nd day without trade on FXDD (GMT+1)

Better then losing

Worse then winning

Files:
gj_11.gif  15 kb

You didn't have a short signal for two days because you had a short signal three days ago. You only get opposite signals usually. You should have gone short both days because SMMA is below open price. If your running the EA it should have opened the shorts for you?

TimeFreedom

dxtrade:
Just for info:

2nd day without trade on FXDD (GMT+1)

Better then losing Worse then winning
Reason: