The Only Pivot - page 239

TimeFreedom:
If you using 1.7_80_110_max75_w1f.set then you are using the weekly filter. Based on the weekly filter SMMA would have to close below weekly open (211.31) for a sell trade. Based on the new established short-term bias, most likely you will get a buy signal, SMMA closing above daily open (213.34) before you get a sell signal, SMMA closing below weekly open (211.31). TimeFreedom

Thanks Freedom,

You're right, that's what kept me out of that trade. I'll disable the weekly filter so i can catch these retracements......also will start testing David's TP and SL settings he recently posted, maybe we can squeeze out more pips on these big moves.

How many lots are you risking?

TimeFreedom

davidwillis:
I backtested, and am using these settings:

TP1 = 50;

TP2 = 100;

TP3 = 150;

TP4 = 200;

TP5 = 250;

SLinitial=75;

SL1 = -1;

SL2 = -50;

SL3 = -100;

SL4 = -150;

SL5 = -200;

SLA1 = 50;

SLA2 = 100;

SLA3 = 150;

SLA4 = 200;

SLA5 = 250;

Backtesting shows much better, and so far it has worked well forward testing. Today was especially good

TimeFreedom:
How many lots are you risking? TimeFreedom

It is a 50k demo account, and I am using 5 lots. It made $6,116 today. If I were trading a real account, I would probably not risk as much, but I want to see what kind of drawdown I get trading that much.

Right, 5 lots should be fine with a 50K acct. IMO.

TimeFreedom

davidwillis:
It is a 50k demo account, and I am using 5 lots. It made $6,116 today. If I were trading a real account, I would probably not risk as much, but I want to see what kind of drawdown I get trading that much.

Is there a way to get a 4 hour indicator for this method?

Like instead of the floating pivot being based on daily OHLC, it could be based on the Weekly OHLC.

I'm loving the current system, but sometimes I'm not available to take every trade, and a 4hr system might be better for some ppl.

I'll be more than happy to visual backtest a year or so to see how good/bad it might do and post the info in this thread.

Only Pivot + BT Stops

Hi Guys

Could someone please advise if this sell should have triggered a short trade yesterday? I did not trade it but i see the Braintrend stops may have filtered it out. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Spy

Files:

We have a sell signal and I am in short @ 210.73 using David's EA v1.7.

TimeFreedom

The floating pivot is not based on Daily OHLC, it's based on the Daily O, open price. You can use the OnlyPivot_Level_W1F and change the color of the Daily open price to none. Keep in mind that the OnlyPivot_Signal_W1F is not coded to give you a signal based on the weekly open only. You would have to code the signal indicator to only use the weekly open.

TimeFreedom

Switchjohnny:
Is there a way to get a 4 hour indicator for this method?

Like instead of the floating pivot being based on daily OHLC, it could be based on the Weekly OHLC.

I'm loving the current system, but sometimes I'm not available to take every trade, and a 4hr system might be better for some ppl.

I'll be more than happy to visual backtest a year or so to see how good/bad it might do and post the info in this thread.

We have a reversal buy signal and I am long @ 211.17 & 211.16. EA did not close the initial sell trades. I reset the EA by double-clicking the smiley face and clicking on the OK button and the EA opened the buy trades. Closed out the initial sell trades for -89 pips.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a sell signal and I am in short @ 210.73 using David's EA v1.7. TimeFreedom

I am still short on ODL Platform

Time

version 1.7 is still short here

why are we getting different signals?

ibfx and ODL same server time?

Rgds

Spy

Files:
short.jpg  51 kb
Reason: