Automated Trading Championship: 2006 and 2007 - page 8

Hi, I want to test my expert in a demo account in the platform of the Championship. So which is the broker i want to contact to do this?

Thanks in advance.

La Totona

30 Days of Registration

On the Automated Trading Championship 2007 website, article "30 Days of Registration" has been published. A month has passed since the registration in Automated Trading Championship 2007 was opened. Almost 650 people have already applied for participation. This is practically equal to the total amount of applications in Championship 2006. There are still 52 days left until Registration is over.

The full text of the article is published on the Automated Trading Championship 2007 website in the News section.

igorad:
Hi,

you can open or keep 3 orders simultaneously on any pairs or one pair.

For example: on GBPUSD, EURUSD and USDJPY in the same time.

Also you can ask to open any charts for any TFs.

Maybe it helps.

Hi Igorad

Maybe you can clarify a previous question that I asked that was ignored?

Max lots open = 5.

Max trades open = 3.

Does this mean that I can open 3 trades to a max of 5 lots on all 3 pairs that I want to trade?

This will effectively allow me to trade 5 lots on 3 pairs giving me the ability to trade 15 lots in total?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyking

Can I trade 3 pairs that from one open chart and every pair trade 5lots?

Lenar Replied.

Yes, you can.

This is what I understand from what Lenar has told Jimmy?

Please can you let me know who is confused here, the competition rules state, if I read them correctly a maximum of 5 lots and a maximum of 3 trades, now Lenar is saying that we can trade 5 lots on three pairs?

That is 15 lots in total and here is my confusion?

Thanks

Wayne

KaMpeR:
Hi Igorad

Maybe you can clarify a previous question that I asked that was ignored?

Max lots open = 5.

Max trades open = 3.

Does this mean that I can open 3 trades to a max of 5 lots on all 3 pairs that I want to trade?

This will effectively allow me to trade 5 lots on 3 pairs giving me the ability to trade 15 lots in total?

This is what I understand from what Lenar has told Jimmy?

Please can you let me know who is confused here, the competition rules state, if I read them correctly a maximum of 5 lots and a maximum of 3 trades, now Lenar is saying that we can trade 5 lots on three pairs?

That is 15 lots in total and here is my confusion?

Thanks

Wayne

Kamper,

I don't understand how you can be confused.

Lenar and the rules say the same thing.

Here is a copy paste of the rules:

The minimum trade size is 0.1 lot, the maximum one is 5 lots with the step of 0.1 lot for each order.

The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions and pending orders is 3.

it is written 5 for each order and there are 3 orders. so 3*5 = 15

Isn't it crystal clear?

Hi jlpi

My question is a very simple one and if you go right back to the start of this discussion you will see what started it, but I'll save you the time and try to explain again.

When you register for the competition they give you a demo account to trade and test the EA on. This demo account emulates the competition rules exactly according to the email that arrives with the account details.

In this demo account you may only open a maximum of 3 trades totalling a maximum of 5 lots and not a maximum of 15 lots.

You cannot open 3 trades of 5 lots equaling 15 lots as you have stated above. If you try to do this, you get the error 131 which is an invalid trade volume.

ERR_INVALID_TRADE_VOLUME 131 Invalid trade volume.

So please, before you answer me like I am asking stupid questions again, would you mind being civil and helping me to answer these questions?

1) Is this an error with the way my demo account has been setup?

2) Are we supposed to be allowed to trade 5 lots x 3 trades on one pair?

3) Can we only trade 15 lots if we open 1 x 5 lot trade per pair on three seperate pairs?

Thank you

Wayne

Well, as far as I know, the rule is that the EA is allowed up to 3 concurrent trades of at most 5 lots each, distributed freely on the 12 symbols. Exactly as you understood it previously.

I also tried the scenario you described, but didn't experience your problem. I only ran into "not enough money" on some symbols. But then, wouldn't "invalid trade volume" rather indicate that the volume parameter is not a multiple of 0.1? But that wouldn't happen on a manual trade, i guess...

KaMpeR:
Hi jlpi

My question is a very simple one and if you go right back to the start of this discussion you will see what started it, but I'll save you the time and try to explain again.

When you register for the competition they give you a demo account to trade and test the EA on. This demo account emulates the competition rules exactly according to the email that arrives with the account details.

In this demo account you may only open a maximum of 3 trades totalling a maximum of 5 lots and not a maximum of 15 lots.

You cannot open 3 trades of 5 lots equaling 15 lots as you have stated above. If you try to do this, you get the error 131 which is an invalid trade volume.

ERR_INVALID_TRADE_VOLUME 131 Invalid trade volume.

So please, before you answer me like I am asking stupid questions again, would you mind being civil and helping me to answer these questions?

1) Is this an error with the way my demo account has been setup?

2) Are we supposed to be allowed to trade 5 lots x 3 trades on one pair?

3) Can we only trade 15 lots if we open 1 x 5 lot trade per pair on three seperate pairs?

Thank you

Wayne

Hi,

For the problems on your test account I guess that the answer from Ralf is clear: for some people it works. So 2) is yes and 3) is no not only on 3 different pairs

So please check that you open the correct volumes (multiple of 0.1 and not more than 5 lots) and if your EA is OK, to solve your problem the best is probably to ask directly to Metaquotes in their Forum. They will be able to check the parameters of your account and then check your point 1)

Personaly I was just answering you on the fact that you mentioned that the rules and Lenar are not consistent, because in fact they are.

Thanks Ralph and jlpi for the explanation, I'll mosey on over to the MQL forum as advised and see if they can answer the question.

But from what you guys have said it may well be a problem with the account setup?

Thanks

Wayne

Igorad,

I set up the demo asoutlined onthe test site, butmyEA will not work because it won't open trades on all three symbols, just the one corresponds to the open chart. I know this is possible with live acounts, but not demos. The rules state that you can have only one chart open, so there is no way to run the EA.

If I am missing something, let me know, because I would like to join this contest

Reason: