Automated Trading Championship: 2006 and 2007 - page 3

sashken:
Thanks, what your login in Championship?

50% in 2 days, that's really rock Did you post the EA that you use on the championship ? If yes, thank you very much

You can download my EA in my profile

http://championship.mql4.com/2006/ru/participants/sashken/

sashken:
You can download my EA in my profile http://championship.mql4.com/2006/ru/participants/sashken/

Thank you very much. Hope you bring the 40,000$ home

i see

congregation!! hope you are champion!!

appleparty:
congregation!! hope you are champion!!

Yeah, I hope you win indeed. I admire your decision to post the source code without reservations. No one else has done so as I recall.

But I'm a bit worried about the stoploss issue and the fact that the EA doesn't close trades indepdently before it reaches a target. What would happen now if the $4k+ profit is diminished because of a reversal in trend

same error keeps coming up

I keep getting the same error when using sashken's EA.

2006.10.17 13:20:21 sashken CHFJPY,Daily: LotSize: We have no money. Free Margin = 4992

Should I edit the EA? What do I edit?

Sashken You Rock

Sashken You Rock...

You have taken an unbeatable lead, clear 7000 USD lead in one single day WOWOWOWWOW...................

Folks, This EA is the road to freedom

The compitition will heat up now.

It would be good if some experienced guys from TSD, could explain the working of this EA and put more lights and thoughts on it..as newbies like me are unable to comprehend ....

Thanks....

balista4:
Sashken You Rock...

You have taken an unbeatable lead, clear 7000 USD lead in one single day WOWOWOWWOW...................

Folks, This EA is the road to freedom

The compitition will heat up now.

It would be good if some experienced guys from TSD, could explain the working of this EA and put more lights and thoughts on it..as newbies like me are unable to comprehend ....

Thanks....

Basically sashken's EA trades fully on the Daily Moving Averages. He has one Moving average set at (MA1) Period 7- Smoothed-Close and the second one is (MA2) 20-Simple-Open.

What it does it it looks at the previous closed candle and says, "If MA1 is crossing MA2 and going down, sell. If MA1 is crossing MA2 and going up, buy. Also, if I have a trade currently open and it cross, close current order and reopen in the new formed direction." And it is all based on Daily charts, which is why he has only made 3 trades in 3+ weeks.

Also, he code is built around and optimized for Alpari, which has their data feed start at exactly 00:00hours (They have a Russian branch and a UK branch). If you have a US trading company (Interbank, FXDD, etc) they usually start their feed on Sunday, so you end up getting a 7-hour bar, that represents a "full" daily bar. This causes a lot of problems for US trades because that 7-hour bar will completely shift the moving averages when compared at a "daily" level. Also the Friday bar on US feeds actually have nearly 38 hours of data instead of 24 hours to make up for that for the left over hours from the Sunday, which makes the Friday bar do weird things with his code. To better see this, just look at the daily charts and compare with his and you will see that the US feeds actually have an extra candle (missing from his charts) because we have that little Sunday bar screwing everything up. I thought I would let people know this because they put his code on a US feed server and end up losing money because of it.

But, if you can get a feed that starts the day at 00:00 GMT, you will be good. I went ahead and modified this code a bit to have a stop-loss option (just for back testing to make me feel safer), plus change how it did it's lots so that it can trade mini's too. If anyone wants those just let me know.

Have had a couple people ask for the code that is edited to do minis. I went ahead and uploaded so I don't have to email the random people. sashken_(gbp-daily)_minis.rar

Basically, this file will now work in Interbank, IBFX, FXDD, etc, etc, etc when you have a mini-demo account open (or if you plan to use it for live trading on a mini account) This will allow you to test on US based servers a lot easier. Plus this code actually has a working Stop-Loss built into it, so you can now optimize a stoploss if you are affraid to throw everything on the line with each trade. You can even optimize how many contracts you want open by optimizing the "lotsvariable" option. It is at 250 right now, which means for every $1000 you have in the account it will open 4 minis. 1000/250.

Again, remember what I said in my previous post about how his code works and how the candles are different based on which company you trade through. That means if you optimize for one company, it won't always work exactly on another company because their feeds start the candle at different times. Alrighty, have fun.

AsmoCon

Thanks asmocon. It would be helpfull

Reason: