Automated Trading Championship: 2006 and 2007 - page 4

thanks asmocon!

asmocon:
Basically sashken's EA trades fully on the Daily Moving Averages. He has one Moving average set at (MA1) Period 7- Smoothed-Close and the second one is (MA2) 20-Simple-Open.

What it does it it looks at the previous closed candle and says, "If MA1 is crossing MA2 and going down, sell. If MA1 is crossing MA2 and going up, buy. Also, if I have a trade currently open and it cross, close current order and reopen in the new formed direction." And it is all based on Daily charts, which is why he has only made 3 trades in 3+ weeks.

Also, he code is built around and optimized for Alpari, which has their data feed start at exactly 00:00hours (They have a Russian branch and a UK branch). If you have a US trading company (Interbank, FXDD, etc) they usually start their feed on Sunday, so you end up getting a 7-hour bar, that represents a "full" daily bar. This causes a lot of problems for US trades because that 7-hour bar will completely shift the moving averages when compared at a "daily" level. Also the Friday bar on US feeds actually have nearly 38 hours of data instead of 24 hours to make up for that for the left over hours from the Sunday, which makes the Friday bar do weird things with his code. To better see this, just look at the daily charts and compare with his and you will see that the US feeds actually have an extra candle (missing from his charts) because we have that little Sunday bar screwing everything up. I thought I would let people know this because they put his code on a US feed server and end up losing money because of it.

But, if you can get a feed that starts the day at 00:00 GMT, you will be good. I went ahead and modified this code a bit to have a stop-loss option (just for back testing to make me feel safer), plus change how it did it's lots so that it can trade mini's too. If anyone wants those just let me know.

HI asmocon,

wow amazing how you can thoroughly understand the EA...is it because you know programming and could read the codes?

What are some of the Russian/UK brokerage that you would recommend?

And thanks for the EA_mini! Will forward test and post.

God bless,

Ed

eooojj:
HI asmocon,

wow amazing how you can thoroughly understand the EA...is it because you know programming and could read the codes?

What are some of the Russian/UK brokerage that you would recommend?

And thanks for the EA_mini! Will forward test and post.

God bless,

Ed

Sadly, I wish I knew of one that would support US based clients. Alpari is the king when it comes to Russian companies, and they just recently expanded to the UK. Problem is, the UK one is in the middle of legal talks trying to get the "OK" to support US based clients. I got an email from them saying it should be November 1st, in the earliest, before they can take US based clients.

The one thing, which is what I have been doing with Sashken's trades (his competition trade) is I have a demo-copy of Alpari running to get the signals, then I just place it on my interbank account. The one his EA is built, it will only give one trade signal a day, at 00:00 GMT (when the new candle is drawn), so it is really easy. Don't have to sit around and make multiple trades, just be at my computer for 10minutes, see if the demo opens a trade or not, then walk away.

Also, remember the "modified" one that I uploaded has a working Stop-Loss which can very adversely change how his EA works. I think I have it set at 100, but you will actually lose a lot with only 100 because his script is a long-term trader, so it needs the ability to have large fluxes. But again, it is technically "safer" than possibly being able to lose everything you have in one trade. So, play around and hope you can find something that works for your level of risk.

And yes, I do code and can read the programming inside his code. Problem is that the ones I have worked on doesn't make "alot" for the past 3-4 months of forward testing. They are profitable (about $2000 profit in 3 months off $1000 initial investment), but not a whole lot so I am still trying to make them better. :-/

Statistical Report #2 on EAs

The second report contains information about the most popular symbols and timeframes, as well as about the amount of multicurrency expert advisors. Besides, statistics about the amount of closed orders, their profitability and average profit per trade are published. The report also gives the ratio between the expert profitability and the amount of positions opened by the expert, as well as the ratio between the profitability and the position holding time.

More: http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/69

Hope this helps.

Lenar:
Today was a big move on the charts. Most EAs changed their positions in the table of the Participants (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/participants). At the same time some lucky guys moved to the upper places. Is a good sample, showing what experts are really reliable and are able to save their profits.

'The link doesnt seem to be working

Championship: reliable EAs

Today was a big move on the charts. Most EAs changed their positions in the table of the Participants (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/participants). At the same time some lucky guys moved to the upper places.

Is a good sample, showing what experts are really reliable and are able to save their profits.

Hendrick is on the second place with Phoenix.

http://championship.mql4.com/2006/participants

going steady ..

How does 30% in 2 months sound ? It relies on GBP volatility - http://championship.mql4.com/2006/participants/santa/

regards,

auto

not doing too good now - likely to get a margin call if GBP keeps moving up ..

Have you guys seen our friend Hendrick holding the lead? Let us cheer for him and wish him success. He was unselfish in sharing his EA and I hope he gets the reward. It will be a fitting return for his unselfish gesture.

Also, take a look at Vince's performance. If Cable makes a couple more moves like it did last week, it will be hard to beat him. He is a pro. Actually, he is... a professional money manager. As Vince is a personal friend, I am pulling for him.

Good luck to both these guys and the other participants.

Automated Trading Championship: 2006 and 2007

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Statistical Report #3" has been published. In this statistical report, we analyze 25 of the most profitable Expert Advisors as of the 20th of November. The analyses are aimed at description of such characteristics of Expert Advisors as risk level and stability. We`ve gained interesting results.

Reason: