C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 9

The used indicator is:

i-BalEq.mq4

On pictures you can see VTAM account's evolution:

a-2007.04.05 01:31 open 0.2 lots basket

b-2007.04.05 13:33 open 0.4 lots basket

----------------------------------------------

1-2007.04.09 19:00 close 0.4 lots basket opened in (b)

c-2007.04.18 14:50 open 0.4 lots basket

d-2007.04.19 17:00 open 0.8 lots basket

2-2007.04.19 18:25 close 0.8 lots basket opened in (d)

e-2007.04.24 14:28 open 0.8 lots basket

3-2007.04.25 07:19 close 0.8 lots basket opened in (e)

4-2007.05.01 15:00 close 0.4 lots basket opened in (c)

f-2007.05.04 14:42 open 0.4 lots basket

5-2007.05.08 03:00 close 0.4 lots basket opened in (f)

(the numbers 1,2,3,4,5 is from chart pictures)

BluePearl:
barnix, will you please give commentary in addition to posting pictures? thanks.
Files:
i-baleq.mq4  5 kb

i-BalEq.mq4 indicator is an indicator for monitoring the account balance

this indicator don't need for this method

is only for monitoring the account balances

mikejody:
This method does not use indicators. Can you please explain what you are posting? Thank you.

I'm new here and thought I would start with this system, since it does not require guessing which way the market is going. Can you tell me how I can use this indicator? I see it is for monitoring account balance, but what would we use this for, since I can monitor my account balance right on the MT4 platform?

barnix:

vtam:
Read the rules and you will see that you check daily about going into "safe" mode. In february you would have dropped roughly 18% when multiple carry trade pairs dropped 1000 pips or so.

in your february 2007 simulation, which safe mode did you use, double position lots at greater equity drops or fixed position lots at fixed equity drops?

BluePearl:
in your february 2007 simulation, which safe mode did you use, double position lots at greater equity drops or fixed position lots at fixed equity drops?

Every 5% straight adds in safe mode..... not doubling up. Never know if it's the start of 1998 all over again. I think that still might be a tad aggressive.

Tim

Tim, I'm new here and really appreciate your system. I do have a question: how do we compound using this method? Do we ever increase lot size? Thank you.

Dreamliner:
Tim, I'm new here and really appreciate your system. I do have a question: how do we compound using this method? Do we ever increase lot size? Thank you.

I would say not yet. This thing looks all fine and dandy until the carry trade unwinds. Then it will test your mettle. I think you can make 1% a week and not blow up in the eventual unwinding. That might be famous last words though.

If you were balsy, you could take a $10k account and let it rip for a month and try to make 40%........ but you are betting that is the month the unwinding doesn't start.

In reality, you could probably take this method and de-leverage it by 80%....meaning using only 1/5 of the suggested position size, shoot for .2% a week which is 10% a year. The Febuary DD would have been say 4-5%....... basically with that idea Wall Street Hedge funds might throw ridiculous money at you with those numbers. You make 10-15% a year consistently in a non-correlated asset class and you'll be running $100 million before you know it. At a 2% management fee, you are making $2 million a year.

That is actually the route I am going. This method is not what I would consider the best I have, yet it's pretty darn good considering the price - FREE! I am seeding a fund with $5 million that will allocate amongst 11 different managers who have a total $4.1 billion under their belts. All the managers have a unique non-chart reading methodology like this one. The combined fund is averaging 30-40% a year. You use this as the foundation of your own multi-strategy fund and you too will become rich in Forex.

All this to say - don't worry about leveraging up to become rich. Focus on leveraging down and then running OPM for millions.

Thank you for this answer. I for one have no interest in trading OPM, as I am somewhat averse to angry people calling me all hours of the day and night when their account drops by 4-5% in a month or two. I admire those like you who can do that, and hopefully with this system you won't have angry people on the phone with you.

vtam:
I would say not yet. This thing looks all fine and dandy until the carry trade unwinds. Then it will test your mettle. I think you can make 1% a week and not blow up in the eventual unwinding. That might be famous last words though.

If you were balsy, you could take a $10k account and let it rip for a month and try to make 40%........ but you are betting that is the month the unwinding doesn't start.

In reality, you could probably take this method and de-leverage it by 80%....meaning using only 1/5 of the suggested position size, shoot for .2% a week which is 10% a year. The Febuary DD would have been say 4-5%....... basically with that idea Wall Street Hedge funds might throw ridiculous money at you with those numbers. You make 10-15% a year consistently in a non-correlated asset class and you'll be running $100 million before you know it. At a 2% management fee, you are making $2 million a year.

That is actually the route I am going. This method is not what I would consider the best I have, yet it's pretty darn good considering the price - FREE! I am seeding a fund with $5 million that will allocate amongst 11 different managers who have a total $4.1 billion under their belts. All the managers have a unique non-chart reading methodology like this one. The combined fund is averaging 30-40% a year. You use this as the foundation of your own multi-strategy fund and you too will become rich in Forex.

All this to say - don't worry about leveraging up to become rich. Focus on leveraging down and then running OPM for millions.

barnix:

but this system use 13 pirs. The indicator is using only 1 pair, right? Would be great if this indicator could show the balance using all 13 pairs.This system make martingale in ALL pairs in the SAME TIME.

would be great too if it could be backtested but people says that backtest in MT4 is not reliable. May it can be with tick data but people don't want to share it

but i don't no if real tick data is the solution.....

Dreamliner:
Thank you for this answer. I for one have no interest in trading OPM, as I am somewhat averse to angry people calling me all hours of the day and night when their account drops by 4-5% in a month or two. I admire those like you who can do that, and hopefully with this system you won't have angry people on the phone with you.

yeah. i think must be nerves of steal...maybe an body armor of steal, walls of steal in your house.

Reason: