C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 5

I really do love this method. I have not observed it when the carry trades unwind, but I think we have sufficient evidence that it is an acceptable way of trading without having to guess direction. Good job!

suggestion

Vtam

first thanks for your valuable inputs. The system you propose is I think one of the best I have seen lately on this forum. It's a change with all the commercial posts we have seen lately that promise unrealistic results.

I had just a small suggestion that could be an improvment.

From the basket of 13 currencies, I would remove 3 of them: EURGBP, USDCAD, GBPUSD.

These 3 currencies collect not much interest and removing then decreases the exposure on GBP that was pretty high on the 13 (3 times Buy before, only 1 now), and GBP is volatile. USDCAD is removed in order not to increase the exposure on USD considering that GBPUSD is removed.

What do you think?

jlpi:
Vtam

first thanks for your valuable inputs. The system you propose is I think one of the best I have seen lately on this forum. It's a change with all the commercial posts we have seen lately that promise unrealistic results.

I had just a small suggestion that could be an improvment.

From the basket of 13 currencies, I would remove 3 of them: EURGBP, USDCAD, GBPUSD.

These 3 currencies collect not much interest and removing then decreases the exposure on GBP that was pretty high on the 13 (3 times Buy before, only 1 now), and GBP is volatile. USDCAD is removed in order not to increase the exposure on USD considering that GBPUSD is removed.

What do you think?

May be a great idea. I have though about eurgbp and usdcad removal, but I like gbpusd. CAn you run an IBFX demo for a few months and compare it and report the results without those 3? It might prove to be much better.

Here is an update. Too bad I closed out the adds early yesterday

Files:

Here are the results of another test I have been running. This test has gone for 2 months now and baically it incorporates both baskets talked about in the rules. It has the original basket, and then adds a unit to for the more currency neutral idea. It has been a bit more volatile than I thought it would, but the results have also been better. Demo account opened with $100k on 5/18, so in just under 2 months it is up over 13%. So over 6% a month compared to about 4% on the other basket.

Here's a competition - see who can come up with the safest (in the sense of currency neutral) basket. There is nothing magical about the baskets I have chosen. I think the power of this method is based on the betting method. Using the scary martingale against a whole basket, rather than individual currencies. I think being interest swap positive is a bit important too and the reason why is stated in the rules as well.

I will paypal $10 (not much - but makes it worth it) to the person I think has the safest and best basket. You need to run a demo for a minimum of two months on your basket. Yes its a lame competition....... but it at leastmakes it fun, and in the process you might find a solid system at no cost.

Files:

VTAM, would you have any idea on how to add funds to this sytem? For instance, let's say we already have an open basket and we want to add 1K to it. How would we add the lots and keep track of them along with the original basket?

Thank you.

mikejody:
VTAM, would you have any idea on how to add funds to this sytem? For instance, let's say we already have an open basket and we want to add 1K to it. How would we add the lots and keep track of them along with the original basket? Thank you.

I think you can just add two one cent lots as a new core position each time and just do the new calculation of a 1% drop. If your original positions was .10 in a mini account with $5k, then if you add $1k you would just add a .02 lot. When you go to double you would do a .24 lot.

two EAs

here are two EAs.

1. CTrader_Add.mq4 will open automatically all 13 positions when placed on a chart with the chosen lot size. make sure to give the core position a different magic number than the added positions. give the added positions all the same magic number. after all positions are opened, remove EA from chart.

2. CTrader_Close.mq4 will close all of the positions with a given magic number. input the magic number of the added positions and the core positions will not be touched. after all added positions have been closed, remove EA from chart.

Files:

BluePearl:
here are two EAs.

1. CTrader_Add.mq4 will open automatically all 13 positions when placed on a chart with the chosen lot size. make sure to give the core position a different magic number than the added positions. give the added positions all the same magic number. after all positions are opened, remove EA from chart.

2. CTrader_Close.mq4 will close all of the positions with a given magic number. input the magic number of the added positions and the core positions will not be touched. after all added positions have been closed, remove EA from chart.

Awesome BluePearl. Thanks! If we change the symbols can we change the basket?

Here is also an updated statement. Just tracking new highs so when the next add on comes you can see it and learn it.

Files:

VTAM, it looks like you've made about 15% in 3 months, very good!

Are you using any kind of compounding? Surely we should be increasing our lots with a growing account size, right?

I'm trading this live now, just started with 1K initially.

vtam:
Awesome BluePearl. Thanks! If we change the symbols can we change the basket? Here is also an updated statement. Just tracking new highs so when the next add on comes you can see it and learn it.
Reason: