C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 4

Yes, perfectly clear, thank you.

Another question; what has been your worst case scenario draw down? The reason I am asking is because it would seem like we could add more lots, like 10 times more, and still be well-safe from problems.

My little 5K account has moved plus or minus only about $3.00 today.

Have you considered adding lot sizes to the initial position?

vtam:
That looks like it's right if done in a mini account. This is how the adds would look

$4950 balance go to .20 lots

$4800 balance go to .40 lots

$4450 balance go to .80 lots

If it drops more than that - let me know. I have have never added more than 2 times (from .20 core position to .40 and .80) the entire 3 months. I have yet to go to a 1.6 lot.

The more market neutral has done well. It is up 13.5% in the same time, but I have actually seen larger swings in equity. I used a straight increase instead of a martingale. I also started with larger lot sizes. On a $100k account I started with 1 full lot on the 8 neutral pairs. When it dropped 1% I add only 1 full lot instead of 2. When it dropped another 2% I added another full lot. No doubling up. Is that clear?

Hi all.

I just checked the swap rates at my broker efxgroup.com and I am very surprised

The 13 pairbasket is giving me a negative swap of 9.42% compared to the ibfx mini of a positive 6.82%.

The currency nutral basket is even worse with a whopping negative 18.45%.

Basicly there are pairs that have similar swaps to ibfx, but than there are a few pairs with greatly different swaps that destroy the basket, e.g.:

SELL EUR/AUD -4.29% (IBFX +0.91%)

BUY NZD/USD -3.10% (+0.32%)

BUY GBP/CHF -6.60% (+1.66%)

SELL CHF/JPY -3.20% (-0.33%)

How can tere be so much differences in the swap rates?

The Risk! If you trade from

end of January to beginning of March, nearly all the currency pairs on your list are against you, e.g. gbp/chf down 1300+pips, eur/jpy down 700+pips, eur/usd down 300+pips, usd/chf down 300+pips...how are you going to manage it?

I think it's a good idea towards hassel-free trading. However, you are risking your trading life on the hope that the high interest currency pairs continue to go north, with only minor corrections, and you minimize the lot size hoping it can survive the correction.

My observation on what happend from Jan to March is: you may survive the one month correction, PROVIDED that you dun double up your lots. However, if you dun double up, you maybe still losing now, and you'll be suffering mentally everyday to see the floating loss.

So I admire your idea, but I think your system is not robust and mature enuff yet. Maybe that's why u r only doing the demos. One suggestion is to make a near perfect hedging with your ring of currency pairs, and that involves taking account the average daily range of each pair and their pips value.

boostrade:
end of January to beginning of March, nearly all the currency pairs on your list are against you, e.g. gbp/chf down 1300+pips, eur/jpy down 700+pips, eur/usd down 300+pips, usd/chf down 300+pips...how are you going to manage it?

I think it's a good idea towards hassel-free trading. However, you are risking your trading life on the hope that the high interest currency pairs continue to go north, with only minor corrections, and you minimize the lot size hoping it can survive the correction.

My observation on what happend from Jan to March is: you may survive the one month correction, PROVIDED that you dun double up your lots. However, if you dun double up, you maybe still losing now, and you'll be suffering mentally everyday to see the floating loss.

So I admire your idea, but I think your system is not robust and mature enuff yet. Maybe that's why u r only doing the demos. One suggestion is to make a near perfect hedging with your ring of currency pairs, and that involves taking account the average daily range of each pair and their pips value.

That is one of the reasons it is on the forum, to get input. So I would encourage you to test it out. The worst time would have been in February, in which the account would have dropped about 18%..... if you used the saftey mode feature. Also you need to look at the fact that some of the pairs in the basket are negative swap pairs, thus hedging against the carry trade unwinding.

I never said the system was robust, but it is a start. A currency pair can go a thousand pips against me and it can still make money. Just look at the USDCAD. Obviously the risk is if all the basket unwinds at the same time and the faster than the hedged currencies can protect.

So I am not concerned that a few pairs would go 1000 pips against me. The power of the method is not looking at individual currencies by themselves, but as part of the whole basket. Did you read the whole manual?

Dan S:
Hi all.

I just checked the swap rates at my broker efxgroup.com and I am very surprised

The 13 pairbasket is giving me a negative swap of 9.42% compared to the ibfx mini of a positive 6.82%.

The currency nutral basket is even worse with a whopping negative 18.45%.

Basicly there are pairs that have similar swaps to ibfx, but than there are a few pairs with greatly different swaps that destroy the basket, e.g.:

SELL EUR/AUD -4.29% (IBFX +0.91%)

BUY NZD/USD -3.10% (+0.32%)

BUY GBP/CHF -6.60% (+1.66%)

SELL CHF/JPY -3.20% (-0.33%)

How can tere be so much differences in the swap rates?

No idea but if that is the case - you can print money! Just hedge one against the other if possible. For example you can sell GBPUSD at IBFX and make interest swap and then buy it at FXCM and make interest swap. Free money with no risk. See if there is that opportunity between the two!

mikejody:
Yes, perfectly clear, thank you.

Another question; what has been your worst case scenario draw down? The reason I am asking is because it would seem like we could add more lots, like 10 times more, and still be well-safe from problems.

My little 5K account has moved plus or minus only about $3.00 today.

Have you considered adding lot sizes to the initial position?

I have but wouldn't. A buddy did and he is up 26% in 4-5 weeks. The reason you can't is because when the carry trade unwinds, it will be brutal. This strategy may not withstand a complete collapse. It can handle a few thousand pips on a few pairs. But if we get a 1998 collapse - it coud be ugly. In 98 the USDJPY dropped 2000-3000 pips in 3 days! ( I can't remember the number and don't have a chart in front of me.)

In February in safe mode when a few pairs went about 1000 pips against this thing would have lost about 18% in safe mode.

It is deceiving when the pairs move 100-200 pips in a few days and your equity doesn't change a bit. You think it's safe to leverage up, yet it's not.

Be patient and take the 2-4% a month in my opinion. Hopefully live to play another day when it unwinds!

Is this the Steintiz EA (same statements attached in link)

vtam:
The best thing about this method so far is that it does not require you to EVER LOOK AT A CHART AGAIN! How sweet it that?

We were selling this system for $199 at CurrencyProfits.net but will now be giving it away free. It has been running for 3 months on a demo. We are actually testing 3 different versions of it. I will give the login info to the demos to anyone who wants to see them - just PM me. Shoot me your email and I can email you the rules as well. It's avaialbe for anyone who wants it. Maybe use this thread to throw out ideas to improve it and to create and EA for it?

You can see two of the accounts were open on 4/06/07 and one is up 13.5% and the other is up 11.5%. The largest drawdown seen during this test is about 8% in one and 10% in the other.

Why is this the safest Martingale? Just check the statement. Notice in one of the statements that it had the CAD going about 1000 pips against me. Most martingales would lose their shirts and would have blown up...... yet this thing thrives and continues to collect interest.

Maybe someone can program it?

my computer cache error

boostrade, I appreciate your input here. Can you come up with a "near perfect hedge of the currency pairs?"

boostrade:

Makes sense. I am up almost 2% for the past 3 days.

vtam:
I have but wouldn't. A buddy did and he is up 26% in 4-5 weeks. The reason you can't is because when the carry trade unwinds, it will be brutal. This strategy may not withstand a complete collapse. It can handle a few thousand pips on a few pairs. But if we get a 1998 collapse - it coud be ugly. In 98 the USDJPY dropped 2000-3000 pips in 3 days! ( I can't remember the number and don't have a chart in front of me.)

In February in safe mode when a few pairs went about 1000 pips against this thing would have lost about 18% in safe mode.

It is deceiving when the pairs move 100-200 pips in a few days and your equity doesn't change a bit. You think it's safe to leverage up, yet it's not.

Be patient and take the 2-4% a month in my opinion. Hopefully live to play another day when it unwinds!

Slow month so far...... but still making gains. Just closed out the add on the basket for another $1000. Closed it a few dollars short of the goal only because I have to leave. But we're at a new equity high!

Files:
Reason: