Tell me what you think of this ea

This is an ea that is a clone of an ea for sale on ebay that costs well over $200. It backtests well so hopefully forward tests will be great. It is to be run only on eur/usd on the 5 minute chart. Also change stop loss to 22 pips or 30 at the most.

Files:

I backtested it but I guess my modeling quality is worse. I will try demoing for a week then and toss it if it is not good.

Try this

This is something I have been working on, give it a try, it is by no means finished and would require a coder as the guy (Barry Stander) who was working on it for me seems to have disapeared?

Run it on EUR/USD-H1 only and don't forget to put the Spyker indicator in the /experts/indicators folder.

If you run it for a while and think it has any merit, I shall be happy to try and find another coder and work on improving it with you if you like?

It does not backtest well because it uses 4 timeframes to come up with a trend before trading the H1.

It builds baskets and closes out losses and profits together and on occasions leaves trades running with a TS when it starts a new basket.

It is a Martingale type system so do not be afraid when it trades against the trend.

Bliksem is the EA and Spyker is the required Indicator.

This EA is NOT to be run live yet!

Let me know if you have any questions and I will answer them as best I can.

Files:
spyker.mq4  3 kb
bliksem2.2.mq4  18 kb

Hi Kamper,

It would be great if you can post the logic of your EA.

regards

Original Bliksem Specifications.

Very basically the EA functions like this;

The EA opens trades against the trend, doubling the number of lots with every trade that it opens up to 9 trades.

So if you where trading 0.01 lot for your first entry, every 8 pips you would add another trade, double the size of the last one.

1st trade = 0.01

2nd trade = 0.02

3rd trade = 0.04

4th trade = 0.08

5th trade = 0.16

6th trade = 0.32

7th trade = 0.64

8th trade = 1.28

9th trade = 2.56

The logic here being that nothing goes in reverse for ever and when it does turn, you have enough lots in the last 2 or 3 trades to cover the entire "basket" of losses and make a profit.

(This is obviously not always true, so be aware that this can cost you money)

I have, unlike Farhad, MLS and others, resolved the major drawdown issue by not being as greedy and by being prepared to wait for my money and only trade positions with what I think is a +75% probability of success. Obviously then it also does not accumulate money as quickly either, but it has no where near the risk.

I originally designed this strategy for the H1 chart on the pair EUR/USD because of the obvious volatility of this pair. I later found that it also performed well on the following pairs, GBP/USD, GBP/JPY, EUR/JPY and CHF/JPY, so it would seem that anything JPY or GBP orientated is also OK. I continue to test on EUR/USD only however.

I ran it live on IBFX on a mini account last week, first lot 0.01, it did nicely, $499.00 has grown to $816.00 in that week, but I do not have the confidence yet to leave it to run unattaended.

This EA requires 4 charts with different time frames to function correctly, here is an explanation of the strategy.

I use a 3 EMA system for my calculation of trend on the M5, M30 and H4 charts.

On the H1 chart I use an Indicator called Spyker.

H1

In the Inputs tab, Change the Jimmy value to 1 and the Signal value to 377.

Leave the colours at the default settings.

When the White line is below the Yellow line, H1 signal is assumed to be Short.

When the White line is above the Yellow line, H1 signal is assumed to be Long.

M5

1st EMA = Period 34, Shift = 0, MA Method = Exponential, Apply to High, Style = Green.

2nd EMA = Period 34, Shift = 0, MA Method = Exponential, Apply to Low, Style = Green.

3rd EMA = Period 8, Shift = 0, MA Method = Exponential, Apply to , Style = Red.

M30

1st EMA = Period 55, Shift = 0, MA Method = Exponential, Apply to High, Style = Green.

2nd EMA = Period 55, Shift = 0, MA Method = Exponential, Apply to Low, Style = Green.

3rd EMA = Period 13, Shift = 0, MA Method = Exponential, Apply to , Style = Red.

H4

1st EMA = Period 89, Shift = 0, MA Method = Exponential, Apply to High, Style = Green.

2nd EMA = Period 89, Shift = 0, MA Method = Exponential, Apply to Low, Style = Green.

3rd EMA = Period 21, Shift = 0, MA Method = Exponential, Apply to , Style = Red.

Assume the trend is Long when the Red line is above both the Green lines on all charts.

Assume the trend is Short when the Red line is below both the Green lines on all charts.

If the Red line is between the Green lines on any of the Charts M5, M30 or H4, do not trade!

Feel free to adjust these numbers to whatever makes you happy. Right now I have all three set to the M5 chart settings for the testing that I am running currently.

The EA will enter a long trade when the M5, M30 and H4 are showing Long, but the H1 is showing Short.

To explain in a little detail.

When the M5, M30 and H4 have the Red line above both the Green lines, assumption is that the trend is Long. I then watch for the H1 charts Spyker White line to pass down through the Yellow line.

When this happens I then start to Enter Long trades immediately, I do not wait for the candle to complete.

I generally then compound my long trades in increments of 8 pips. So for every 8 pips the trade drops lower, I open another long trade, double the value of the previous one.

I use this on a Mini account so my first trade has a value of 0.01 and I do not open more than 9 trades in any one "basket" of trades.

The opposite is true for short trades.

I hope that that helps you understand a little bit better what the EA is trying to accomplish and that we can get something of value going here?

Hey Pooper Scooper.

My apologies for hijacking your thread, if this is not what you intended, please just drop me a note and I'll move this elsewhere?

Thanks

Wayne

I don't mind at all.

KaMpeR

thank you pooper scoopers and KaMpeR for sharing your EAs

Kamper

I am testing your EA in the last 3 days and it made already over $400 on a $3000 demo account. Very interesting.

However it only opens up Buy trades for me.

I only use EUR/USD.

Would you please post the EMA indicators you are using for this EA. Right now I am using Spyker on H1, but no other indicators loaded on the other TFs.

Thanks for your help in advance.

nubika

Hi Nubika

It's all at the top of the page in thread #11. Have a look at that explanation.

If anything is unclear please ask and I will try to explain.

I do seem to recall that at the time of posting the EA, I had all the MA's set the same, I think? Maybe someone who can code can get into the code and see what the settings are?

1st EMA = Period 55, Shift = 0, MA Method = Exponential, Apply to High, Style = Green.

2nd EMA = Period 55, Shift = 0, MA Method = Exponential, Apply to Low, Style = Green.

3rd EMA = Period 13, Shift = 0, MA Method = Exponential, Apply to , Style = Red.

Kamper!

So you do not load any EMA indicators to the charts?

Are you using the default indicator comes with MT4 and leave it in the Custom indicators folder, or you load it to the chart?

The one comes with MT4 does not have all those inputs you listed in post 11, this is why I thought you use one specifically designed for this EA.

nubika

I use the default one, which options can you not find, I will try and help you?

No I do not load any on the chart, there is an text indicator in the top left corner of the H1 chart that shows the values of the EMA's. It updates with ever tick.

Reason: