RSI of Moving Average - page 30

Hello

This indicator the RSIOMA is a very good one ,the only thing missing is the vertical line when the signal line and the rsi nrp line cross each other,could you do something for that please.

Many Thanks

Pierre63

Pierre63:
Hello

This indicator the RSIOMA is a very good one ,the only thing missing is the vertical line when the signal line and the rsi nrp line cross each other,could you do something for that please.

Many Thanks

Pierre63

Hello Pierre63,

Sorry for the late reply, this would be a version with lines at either rsioma slope change or at rsioma crossing signal line.

Thanks MrTools dont worry ,better late then never.

Pierre63

Here is the updated version of this indicator. It contains two improvements

1) Initial smoothing period is separated from RSI period. There is no reason to have RSI period and

initial smoothing period equal.

2) Detrend option has been added. As this indicator is based on oscillator RSI, price can be

detrended before RSI calculation.

Note. When this indicator is applied to the chart and real time ticks are streamed, it seems to give

different results than when applied to the chart and calculated on historical OHLC data only.

It happens only when detrend option is active.

See screenshoot. Middle window real time output, the most bottom window historical data output.

Krzysztof

fajst_k:
Here is the updated version of this indicator. It contains two improvements

1) Initial smoothing period is separated from RSI period. There is no reason to have RSI period and

initial smoothing period equal.

2) Detrend option has been added. As this indicator is based on oscillator RSI, price can be

detrended before RSI calculation.

Note. When this indicator is applied to the chart and real time ticks are streamed, it seems to give

different results than when applied to the chart and calculated on historical OHLC data only.

It happens only when detrend option is active.

See screenshoot. Middle window real time output, the most bottom window historical data output.

Krzysztof

Krzysztof, thanks for your improvements but in the future to ease some possible confusion can you name it differently.

mrtools:
Krzysztof, thanks for your improvements but in the future to ease some possible confusion can you name it differently.

OK no problem. In case of posting some indi I will call it different. Anyway, I tried original version

(so detrend = false) combined with DZ probability bands and it also displays very different when

it is attached to EA and gets streaming ticks or when it is recalculated offline. See screenshoot,

DZ probability bands are completelly on different level even setting are the same. Middle window

tick drawing, bottom window offline drawing. Can someone explain this miracle ??

Krzysztof

Files:
rsioma1.jpg  424 kb

fajst_k:
OK no problem. In case of posting some indi I will call it different. Anyway, I tried original version

(so detrend = false) combined with DZ probability bands and it also displays very different when

it is attached to EA and gets streaming ticks or when it is recalculated offline. See screenshoot,

DZ probability bands are completelly on different level even setting are the same. Middle window

tick drawing, bottom window offline drawing. Can someone explain this miracle ??

Krzysztof

Of DZ levels : different values that are used to calculate the levels (I am assuming that you used some of the values displayed at the chart as a source for dz levels calculations)

regards

mladen:
Of DZ levels : different values that are used to calculate the levels (I am assuming that you used some of the values displayed at the chart as a source for dz levels calculations) regards

No. In bot cases DZ.... are set to 0.25. Lookback also the same.

extern int DzLookBackBars = 1440;

extern double DzStartBuyProbability = 0.25;

extern double DzStartSellProbability = 0.25;

fajst_k:

evaluation is done on 5 trading days so 5x1440 bars, screenshoot done at the end so bands should be the same.

fajst_k:

Krzysztof

I am not referring to parameter(s). I am referring to the source array of data for calculation that is passed to dz calculation as a basis for calculation (the first parameter that is passed to the functions - the sourceArray[] from the functions prototypes). If (as it is obvious from the displayed chart you posted) the values used for calculation are different, the zones must be different too (regardless of the same parameters).

Reason: