Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 60

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Pava:
Mladen...why the smoothness of curves are mostly missing?...now that opens up new opportunities...but technically why is that so?

Because of the criteria of what is a "flat" period. Set the DeviationsTreshold to smaller value and the smooth parts are going to reappear (depending n the criteria of course). See this example : DeviationsTreshold set to 0.004 (it will largely depend on symbol and time frame too)

Files:
ssa_flat.gif 68 kb
pavaka
pavaka  

Cool...thanks...

mladen:
Because of the criteria of what is a "flat" period. Set the DeviationsTreshold to smaller value and the smooth parts are going to reappear (depending n the criteria of course). See this example : DeviationsTreshold set to 0.004 (it will largely depend on symbol and time frame too)
pavaka
pavaka  

How long do you think it will take until "SSA normalized with flat.mq4 " will be available on E-Bay for $120, renamed as "The Final! FOREX Indicator"???

pavaka
pavaka  

I think the Best way to apply SSA Flat to trading is...to keep in mind this: "To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction; or, the mutual actions of two bodies upon each other are always equal, and directed to contrary parts.

- Newton's Third Law of Motion, translated from the Principia's Latin"

To simplify:...to wait for the first breakaway wave...and to enter as SSA turns in opposite direction...my 2 cents...

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

As of corridor version : I think it would not serve a purpose. Discontinued corridor lines would just make it confusing to "read" the indicator (that is the main purpose I avoided the slope color changes in the posted one)

pavaka
pavaka  

it is great the way it is now...

madopter
madopter  
Pava:
I think the Best way to apply SSA Flat to trading is...to keep in mind this: "To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction; or, the mutual actions of two bodies upon each other are always equal, and directed to contrary parts.

- Newton's Third Law of Motion, translated from the Principia's Latin"

To simplify:...to wait for the first breakaway wave...and to enter as SSA turns in opposite direction...my 2 cents...

Thanks for that insight. If you can, please elaborate more on how you interpret mladen's SSA Flat -- possibly with a screenshot, etc.

George
George  

Hi MLaden,

Despite my best efforts I've not been able to get the the 'Stochastics with Flat 2' indicator to operate in the manner of the illustation. Is there something extra that is required?

I've changed the settings from 51/49 all the way to 65/35.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

mladen:
Here is this version :: you can define using parameters which values to us in time when it is flat. Example is using 51 and 49
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
TEAMTRADER:
Hi MLaden,

Despite my best efforts I've not been able to get the the 'Stochastics with Flat 2' indicator to operate in the manner of the illustation. Is there something extra that is required?

I've changed the settings from 51/49 all the way to 65/35.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

Try using it on lower time frames (there the "flat" parts are much more frequent)

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Just some explanation how the stochastic flat indicator works : it uses standard deviation to find out when the vaue is bellow som treshlod and if it is (bellow that treshold) then it "declares" a flat trend. See the example : it examplins a lot

Files: