Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 64

Börsenkater1969:
hi mladen and mrtools,

can you help me. the indicator "stochrsi.mq4" goes crazy.

it no longer shows me the yellow line, when switch the timeframes.

why? see picture. mt4 platform is build 509 and 625.

stochrsi.mq4

Börsenkater1969

Try it out now :

Files:

mladen:
Börsenkater1969 Try it out now :

that's it. perfect. many thanks.

Stochastic macd

stochastic_macd.mq4

Files:

mladen:
Double smoothed stochastic that uses price filtered by average in calculation instead of raw price. Coloring possible on the slope of dss as well on the state compared to signal line. To turn of the price filtering, set the MaPeriod to 1 (in which case it beocomes a regular DSS). Some experimenting for a ma period is advised PS: from my experience, dss works best on higher time frames (1 hour and higher)

Is there a regular Stochastic of MA somewhere, not DSS ? Thanks. Not sure if I turn EMA smoothing to 1 it will do it.

airquest:
Is there a regular Stochastic of MA somewhere, not DSS ? Thanks. Not sure if I turn EMA smoothing to 1 it will do it.

airquest

You can use this one : stochastic_of_ma.mq4

mladen:
airquest, You can use this one : stochastic_of_ma.mq4

Thank you Mladen, that's very helpfull. I'm learning MQL at the moment and made some experiment with your indicator. I made a Stochastic of Heiken Ashi Smoothed (HAMA). As HAMA adds a second smoothing for the MA used by the Stochastic, if MaPeriod2 is set to 1, it comes out the same (see 1st and 2nd sub-window), but with a longer MaPeriod2, the result is quite interesting (see 3rd sub-window). Don't know if it's worth something, but anyway, the indicator is attached... As it was made with an old build of MetaEditor, the ex4 is probably needed.

I made also a Stochastic of Heiken Ashi. Result is not really impressive, just a little bit smoother than the regular Stochastic...

Stochastic of hama is impressive

Thank you

Stochastic X 8.4 stochastic-x8.4.mq4

Files:

Mladen

I don't know where is the problem.

help me please if you have time.

Thanks a lot

Files:

BadWay:
Mladen

I don't know where is the problem.