Keltner Channel - page 6

mladen:
Try out this one It has adjustable multipliers now, so you can set them up to any value you wish. It is still using ATR (so average true range not average range) but the differences between ATR and AR are marginal (only in periods when there are gaps)

Thanks for this change and the original indicator mladen.

I've just opened both in the MetaEditor and when I try to compile them I received hundreds of errors, do you know if I'm missing a step or doing something wrong?

(Using MetaEditor 4.00 Build 434)

Advanced Keltner channel

Advanced Keltner channel

Files:

ATR-Channel (KeltnerChannel _v2)

hey guys,

i changed the KeltnerChannel_v1 so that it fits my requirements. it is similar to some other indicators (like Keltner_Bands_MAHiLo.mq4 here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173470/page2 or the donchian channel + atr.mq4).

You can see inputs below, maybe someone think it is usefull even if i am a bit late to answer this thread. I called it ATR-Channel... because of my use.

I am using it with the default settings. Then it is calculating the Average True Range for 14 Bars and add it too the high of the last bar + shift it one bar forwards. Opposite for low (low-ATR(14) and shift it one bar forwards). A break of the upper or lower line is a spike or a climax. You should not use it alone. I am not a coder so please check that it is doing what you expect if you change settings. If someone is interested in adding alerts, you are welcome.

MfG

Joe

atr-channelkeltnerchannel_v2.mq4

Nice work. Thanks

Ma + atr (like Keltner) x 2 channels

ma-atr.mq4

Files:
ma-atr.mq4  5 kb
ma-atr.gif  33 kb

I've been testing the alert version of the keltner channel and it alerts with a box that says ' outside upper channel' whereas the chart shows the price had broken outside the lower channel.

The same indicator, the alert version, does not show on the chart as the coloured version on the exact same settings - very similar but not the same.

Can these faults be rectified please?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
I've been testing the alert version of the keltner channel and it alerts with a box that says ' outside upper channel' whereas the chart shows the price had broken outside the lower channel.

The same indicator, the alert version, does not show on the chart as the coloured version on the exact same settings - very similar but not the same.

Can these faults be rectified please?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Teamtrader, can you post the version with these faults?

ps) from what I can tell this one here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173470/page3 should be working correctly.

you know...they are building new channel in Panama...

mrtools:
Teamtrader, can you post the version with these faults? ps) from what I can tell this one here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173470/page3 should be working correctly.

Hi Mr Tools,

That appears to be the same one I am using - attached for checking.

As always I test on RenkoRange charts so as I understand that there are problems with offline charts and some indicators I think this may not be worth progressing if you confirm the indicators are the same.

TEAMTRADER

mrtools:
Hi Smeden, Have this version you can chose either the high or low or close breaking out upper or lower channel.

The logic in this one is not quite correct.

As you can see in the code...... it expects upper channel and lower channel to be crossed alternately. When there are two consecutive crosses of the upper or lower...... then the wrong alert is sent.

void doAlert(string doWhat)

{

static string previousAlert="nothing";

static datetime previousTime;

string message;

if (previousAlert != doWhat || previousTime != Time[0]) {

previousAlert = doWhat;

previousTime = Time[0];

//

//

//

//

//

message = StringConcatenate(Symbol()," at ",TimeToStr(TimeLocal(),TIME_SECONDS)," Keltner price penetrated ",doWhat," channel ");

if (alertsMessage) Alert(message);

if (alertsEmail) SendMail(StringConcatenate(Symbol()," Keltner channel "),message);

if (alertsSound) PlaySound(soundfile);

}

}

you can see that it changes based on the previous alert instead of the price action.

daveM

Reason: