How to use Support and Resistance Effectively - page 53

fxid10t
fxid10t  

update to Auto TL...

fxid10t:
I've been working on a custom indicator to plot trendlines... still beta, not perfect.

Most recent update to my Auto TL indicator attached

Files:
auto_tl.gif 14 kb
flfx
flfx  

Welcome back!

Welcome back Bubble, all the best for 2008 (many pips of course !!). Could you please post more pictures related to your trades? Thanks in advance.

martym
martym  

support resistance multiple x ?

awhile back i found a thread on support or resistance

and a particular indicator would show how many x in

last number ____________of days a area had been hit

and acted as support or resistance. does anybody know

where I saw that thread with that indicator?

mikkom
mikkom  
martym:
awhile back i found a thread on support or resistance

and a particular indicator would show how many x in

last number ____________of days a area had been hit

and acted as support or resistance. does anybody know

where I saw that thread with that indicator?

I'm absolutely sure this was not what you have in mind but here is my custom indicator that does exactly that - Screenshot below:

The indicator shows where the heatmap of high/low position hits of the previous X days, painting X screens back (because it's too slow to use for the whole history..)

warning: VERY slow indicator

Michel
Michel  

Thanks Mikom, very nice indic !

Just for learning, would you like to explain this syntax, I do not figure what it does...

int c = heat + heat << 8 + heat << 8 << 8;[/PHP]

Do you you assume the boolean value as integer 1 or 0 and read the stuf like this ?

[PHP]int c = ((heat + (heat << 8) + (heat << 8)) << 8;

Sorry for my ignorance...

mikkom
mikkom  
Michel:
Thanks Mikom, very nice indic !

Just for learning, would you like to explain this syntax, I do not figure what it does...

int c = heat + heat << 8 + heat << 8 << 8;[/PHP]

Do you you assume the boolean value as integer 1 or 0 and read the stuf like this ?

[PHP]int c = ((heat + (heat << 8) + (heat << 8)) << 8;
Sorry for my ignorance...

That's bit shift operation to calculate R G and B values for gray (each is 8 bit).

I didn't even find it in the documentation, I just tried it (I'm a veteran in java/c++) and it worked. If you are interested in the operation, see

Bitwise operation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

fxbs
fxbs  

more info on market profile type tecniques:

NTR

Natural Trading Range (NTR)

Files:
ntr.jpg 17 kb
Michel
Michel  
mikkom:
That's bit shift operation to calculate R G and B values for gray (each is 8 bit).

I didn't even find it in the documentation, I just tried it (I'm a veteran in java/c++) and it worked. If you are interested in the operation, see

Bitwise operation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Very interesting ! Thank you very much, it's always a pleasure to learn something new (and hidden) about ml4 ! You had a very good fealling...

oribuz
oribuz  

support and r

Hi,

I'm new on mt4, I have just used VTrader and it has as indicators supports and resistences. How can I insert supports and resistences on mt4 charts?

thank you for yours answers

Linuxser
Linuxser  
oribuz:
Hi,

I'm new on mt4, I have just used VTrader and it has as indicators supports and resistences. How can I insert supports and resistences on mt4 charts?

thank you for yours answers

This thread is mainly focused to draw manual SR.

Fractals indicator that comes with MT4 default installation is also good to obtain some idea about SR.

We have some threads with indicators, like this or this, this one. Another here and here.