How to use Support and Resistance Effectively - page 52

Linuxser:
Hi FXBabe, if you get your SL hit is because you decide to protect the trade against a huge lose. This is one of the more important things for a trader.

Protect yourself against the loses will help you to stay in business more time than if don't set your SL.

There is some way to trade without SL but is for veterans and depends on how they focus the trading style and your wallet. But this theme is for another thread.

Stops hits are part of a trader life. You need to learn to live with the idea that not all trades would be winners.

Hi Linuxser,

Good comments, i always find usefull information on this thread.

bubble:
Hi all,

Please remember trading retracements is not just a case of taking every retracement during a trend there are a number of other factors that need to be taken into account.

bubble

Hi bubble,

Great to see you back. Nice to hear that you made good profit on the very first trade of the year.

My request is, can you kindly explain

1. Which are the retracements that are to be traded and which are not to be traded?

2. What are these "number of other factors needed to be taken in to account" mentioned in your post?

Thanks in advance and regards

rsi:
Hi bubble,

Great to see you back. Nice to hear that you made good profit on the very first trade of the year.

My request is, can you kindly explain

1. Which are the retracements that are to be traded and which are not to be traded?

2. What are these "number of other factors needed to be taken in to account" mentioned in your post?

Thanks in advance and regards

Hi rsi,

good questions, unfortunately i wont be discussing the techniques that i use on a public forum.

bubble

bubble:
Hi rsi,

good questions, unfortunately i wont be discussing the techniques that i use on a public forum.

bubble

Hello Bubble good to see your post,

A very happy new year to you

wish you the best for 2008

Best regards

Guyver.

tank you bubble!!

Welcome back and happy new year bubble!

tank you for open our mind about trading methodology...no other thread to compare and what you have get us!!!

Tank you again very much...

update to Auto TL...

fxid10t:
I've been working on a custom indicator to plot trendlines... still beta, not perfect.

Most recent update to my Auto TL indicator attached

Files:
auto_tl.gif  14 kb
auto_tl.01.ex4  19 kb

Welcome back!

Welcome back Bubble, all the best for 2008 (many pips of course !!). Could you please post more pictures related to your trades? Thanks in advance.

support resistance multiple x ?

awhile back i found a thread on support or resistance

and a particular indicator would show how many x in

last number ____________of days a area had been hit

and acted as support or resistance. does anybody know

where I saw that thread with that indicator?

martym:
awhile back i found a thread on support or resistance

and a particular indicator would show how many x in

last number ____________of days a area had been hit

and acted as support or resistance. does anybody know

where I saw that thread with that indicator?

I'm absolutely sure this was not what you have in mind but here is my custom indicator that does exactly that - Screenshot below:

The indicator shows where the heatmap of high/low position hits of the previous X days, painting X screens back (because it's too slow to use for the whole history..)

warning: VERY slow indicator

Thanks Mikom, very nice indic !

Just for learning, would you like to explain this syntax, I do not figure what it does...

int c = heat + heat << 8 + heat << 8 << 8;[/PHP]

Do you you assume the boolean value as integer 1 or 0 and read the stuf like this ?

[PHP]int c = ((heat + (heat << 8) + (heat << 8)) << 8;

Sorry for my ignorance...

Reason: