How to use Support and Resistance Effectively - page 54

help with manual trendlines

Maybe this isn't the proper place to post this question However I am sure many of you plot manual trendlines, horizontal and vertical lines. At the moment, I have altered some settings for the lines and now I find the lines will not stay plotted on the chart for more than a few seconds. WHat do I have to change to the lines will plot and save on the charts as they normally do?

Thanks

#537 (permalink) Today, 01:08 PM

bubble

Junior Member Join Date: Oct 2005

Trend trading with s/r alive and kicking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

trend trading is alive and kicking ,take a look at todays trade on GBPJPY netting over 100 pips profit.

Chart 1 - a nice trend develops on the 15min chart

Chart 2 - 60m trend is down therefore the trend on the 15 min chart may be a correction against the current downtrend.

knowing this information makes trading a damn site easier.

Also a cracking trend trade on cable too ,taking out the days whole range, with support and resistance.

====================================================

PUTZ ----

for those unfamiliar with Yiddish, a Putz is not a compliment, but certainly better than being called a SCHMUCK, which sounds pretty much as what it means !

2 posts below I tell you if news is coming and the price is rising, LOOK for the news release to DROP the price of the stock --- if it was going to go up instead, then the banks would have LOWERED THE PRICE, so they could RAISE it with more room to go upside.

Forex gives itself away, every single day --- all ya need to do is watch and read !

had you been watching, over 200 pips was in the move, which should complete with close to 300 pips !

mp6140,

I dont know who the hell you think you are but i do not take too kindly to these kind of comments in your post , i suggest you amend your post and make an apology or i will make a strong protest to admin to have you banned.

bubble

bubble:
mp6140,

I dont know who the hell you think you are but i do not take too kindly to these kind of comments in your post , i suggest you amend your post and make an apology or i will make a strong protest to admin to have you banned.

bubble

=========================================================

bubble --- there are few on this site or others that do not know i speak with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek

While you missed a lot of profit with a very late entry the rest of it is purely in fun --- its WHO I am and how I speak to most everyone --- think of me as an old dutch uncle, who insults on one hand and teaches on the other !

relax

mp

bubble:
Hi all,

trend trading is alive and kicking ,take a look at todays trade on GBPJPY netting over 100 pips profit.

Chart 1 - a nice trend develops on the 15min chart

Chart 2 - 60m trend is down therefore the trend on the 15 min chart may be a correction against the current downtrend.

knowing this information makes trading a damn site easier.

Also a cracking trend trade on cable too ,taking out the days whole range, with support and resistance.

bubble

I took a short at 210.36, the previous support on M15. Seems good... Target 209.30

mp6140:
=========================================================

bubble --- there are few on this site or others that do not know i speak with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek

While you missed a lot of profit with a very late entry the rest of it is purely in fun --- its WHO I am and how I speak to most everyone --- think of me as an old dutch uncle, who insults on one hand and teaches on the other !

relax

mp

I really dont care for your attitude , you could be a monkeys uncle for all i care,where i come from your attitude wont get you very far.

You assume a lot , assumption is a dangerous game , for your information from the low of the swing to the peak i took over 250 pips ,if you check your charts you will see the uptrend on the lower swing on the 15 min chart.

My last post stands, print an apology.

bubble

bubble:
mp6140,

bubble

Hey Bubble,

Good thread. Don't take MP the wrong way. His posts are fantastic and his contributions are worth the read.

Michel:
I took a short at 210.36, the previous support on M15. Seems good... Target 209.30

PRECISELY CORRECT ! -- watch support areas at 209.57 and the bols support at 209.51 in the shorter term, but your bottom figure will be hit, either on the next go around of the 15 min, or if they get gobs of momentum going before the 5 rollover.

208.80 should be pretty easy on the H4 timeframe

imo

mp

bubble:
I really dont care for your attitude , you could be a monkeys uncle for all i care,where i come from your attitude wont get you very far.

You assume a lot , assumption is a dangerous game , for your information from the low of the swing to the peak i took over 250 pips ,if you check your charts you will see the uptrend on the lower swing on the 15 min chart.

My last post stands, print an apology.

bubble

as humbly as i may state it, you claimed you had a 100 pip trade on your original post, and thats what i commented on !

but if somehow I have annoyed you in any way, I certainly apologize for any insults you find directed towards you, even though the beginnings of the trade were as clear as a fart from a budwieser horse in a small room !

enjoy and trade well

mp

mp6140:

as humbly as i may state it, you claimed you had a 100 pip trade on your original post, and thats what i commented on !

but if somehow I have annoyed you in any way, I certainly apologize for any insults you find directed towards you, even though the beginnings of the trade were as clear as a fart from a budwieser horse in a small room !

enjoy and trade well

mp

This isnt about where the trade did or didnt begin, you are entitled to your opinion the same as i or anyone else is , its how we put that opinion across to others that counts and makes people sit up and take notice for good or bad.

As strange as your apology is ,it is accepted.

bubble

Reason: