RandyCandles - Information - page 22

Here's my trading setup for next week. I'll report at weeks end..

Files:
1tl2_8.gif  34 kb

MACD is visual representation of moving averages, The zero line is the longer term MA and the histogram shows the difference between the shorter MA and the longer MA.

I Have the Histogram or Osc set to 18-36-18, linear weighted, weighted close. The SMAC-D should also be set to 18-36-18 to overlay on the Osc. Set correctly it should match right up.

I have set it this way to correspond and complement the T3 line crosses. It may not be the best for scalping but it does catch a lot of mid term moves. I am open to other suggestions however.

Files:
gbpjpy_9.gif  49 kb

I'll revisit it next week. Scalp trading for me is a highly visual endeavor. I cut my teeth as a S.O.E.S. bandit in the late 90's with high flying Naz stocks. Today I'm comfortable scalping 10-20 pips several times a day in the FX market. I also like to dabble in Grains. The chart below really "sings" to me. I can't wait for the action to start next week. LOL

Files:
1tl_7.gif  51 kb

I really like the chart background color you're using. What is that? Your chart is very clear with nice contrast.

I've just read this thread but didn't downloaded anything on the way through. Are these indicators on your chart among the mix of attachments in the thread?

Can you post a template? Thx.

radatats:
MACD is visual representation of moving averages, The zero line is the longer term MA and the histogram shows the difference between the shorter MA and the longer MA.

I Have the Histogram or Osc set to 18-36-18, linear weighted, weighted close. The SMAC-D should also be set to 18-36-18 to overlay on the Osc. Set correctly it should match right up.

I have set it this way to correspond and complement the T3 line crosses. It may not be the best for scalping but it does catch a lot of mid term moves. I am open to other suggestions however.

Hey Summit, can you re-post this chart marked with the trades you see and why? Not exactly sure what you're looking at here. What's the beige colored line through the price bars? I'm going to re-read the thread and download the indies over the weekend. Thx.

summitfx:
I'll revisit it next week. Scalp trading for me is a highly visual endeavor. I cut my teeth as a S.O.E.S. bandit in the late 90's with high flying Naz stocks. Today I'm comfortable scalping 10-20 pips several times a day in the FX market. I also like to dabble in Grains. The chart below really "sings" to me. I can't wait for the action to start next week. LOL

robp:
Hey Summit, can you re-post this chart marked with the trades you see and why? Not exactly sure what you're looking at here. What's the beige colored line through the price bars? I'm going to re-read the thread and download the indies over the weekend. Thx.

I'm not sure what trades summit took today; I believe the beige line is a 3 simple moving average on close shifted +3.

As you go back through the thread pay particular attention to the posts that talk about alert candles. I posted a document at the beginning of the thread and another around post #160 with some examples and information on interpreting the RC patterns.

Radatats, Which pairs do you trade this setup on, just gbpjpy and eurjpy? And always on 5 min charts?

radatats:

Summit,

I modified the settings on the Osc to reflect your concerns about late entries. The new settings are 9-27-9 and the SMAC-d is modified too. I also noticed that FX Snipers CCI trigger matches up almost perfectly too so I included that too. Everything including the template is in the zip file.

Rob,

I am new to this thread but like it a lot and from what I see it is applicable to a lot of pairs. I track the aud-chf-eur-gbp-nzd-usd/yen pairs, the aud-eur-gbp-nzd/usd pairs, the aud-eur-usd/cad pairs and the eur-gbp-usd/chf pairs. I will trade them all if the signals are right. On big move days, the yen pairs all move in sympathy.

Files:

One more variation... Set your stochastic to %K 9, %D 5, Slowing 7, Low/High, Linear Weighted and you can throw away the BBSqueeze and FX Snipers CCI. Works on all time frames from what I can tell.

Files:

radatats:
One more variation... Set your stochastic to %K 9, %D 5, Slowing 7, Low/High, Linear Weighted and you can throw away the BBSqueeze and FX Snipers CCI. Works on all time frames from what I can tell.

Those stoch settings are almost too perfect, did you come to them just by trial and error?

Been looking at them on various charts for a couple hours and will definitely be using them this coming week.

Thanks!! Radatats

Reason: