Volume : The Truth of Secret !! - page 25

actually, volume is easy

USA esp am trading hours is BIG VOLUME

chatroom for forex, , you will know how HOT or how COLD is the current traders participation, that is volume

when you enter a trade, your PRICE (buy / sell) not get HIT, but broker give you another price that is WORSE, then you know you are skim by VOLUME

these are the truth -- no one really use the "volume" in MT4 [ not 3D enough ]

or after watching volume TYPE of indicator , few years ago

I already totally gave up VOLUME, that even central bank or broker don't know how many lots on each currency are place in each hour

jolynnforex:
Could anyone share your experiences how you use better volume indicator? Right now I place trades in EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CAD, USD/CHF when it turns red in 4H. and set the SL at previous candle's low, or i just set 60 pips if the SL is too wide. RRR is good but win rate is just okay. I understand if you combine it with other facts it will be better, eg, forex patterns etc. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jolynn

Check out this link

Trade Using VSA (Volume Spread Analysis) @ Forex Factory

and this

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=2619991#post2619991

Thanks Camaron, great info. I want to keep this method simple. The second link is really helpful to me. Thank you.

vrob:
prediction has been fulfilled, but at least it allows me to show this episode as FAES paradigmatic case of dangerous situations that sometimes the warning. Not always been met, but when they met, hurt.

vrob,

I notice you're using the Prorealtime charting platform. What indicators have do you set up below your main chart? They look interesting...

cheers

f451

Tick Volume Data on each Price level

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of an indicator that displayed the tick volume data on the main chart window,

displaying how many ticks have been accumulated at each price level - with 2 vertical histograms, one for up ticks one for down ticks.

Would look something like this:

would be a visual representation of volumes at each specific price level.

Files:

. . . I guess it would be a price-based volume indicator as opposed to a time-based volume indicator that are usually displayed in the sub-window.

yes that's a very good idea.

i guess you would need more than one indicator because you have to collect ticks in real time. mt doesn't remember up and down ticks, but this can be done by using an EA that is able to collect ticks. however, every time you close and reopen your mt platform, it would start from the scratch...

g31forex:
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of an indicator that displayed the tick volume data on the main chart window,

displaying how many ticks have been accumulated at each price level - with 2 vertical histograms, one for up ticks one for down ticks.

Talk to mladen

g31forex:

He made an EA that stored tick data as long as the platform was running.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

I like that idea though.

Here is an unrelated indie I found in the bins that seems like it should be here-

It has some unusual features- change ratio analyses, analyses range and JMA ma

Files:

tvi 1,2 and vw rsi

I thought the vw rsi was an interesting comparison with the TVI.

No real ideas, but maybe they could help with volume watching for those of you who think there could be something to it.

edit: You need the Ticks Volume Indicator named as is to run the Ergodic TVI- looks about the same as the TVI 2 as far as the signal except it is 2 ma lines

How to read this indicator, certainly very helpful.

ZIGANI:
BetterVolume 1.4 MODIFIED_VERSION

BetterVolume1.4.rar

Thank for setting up such cute Volume indicator. But I need help how to read this indicator. Is anybody there.

Thanks in Advance.

Reason: