Volume : The Truth of Secret !! - page 9

Somebody written me a PM asking for some modifications to this indicator.

It needs to other one to work, see post 32.

Linuxser:
It needs to other one to work, see post 32.

thanks zillion time linuxser... much clear view now. by the way what do u mean by it needs to other one to work?

Files:

i think i just use the indraws volume analysis indic.. i dont rely on swing point as u said it repaint... just trying to filter the semaphor.. but u did help me a lot,thanks linuxser...

adding Volume from other MT4 servers together

Can volume be added together from all mt4 or some of the larger brokers together severs than come up with some type of mean average

in excel

Aleksandr Nevskiy:
here's an excel document, where I've calculated for each currency (that has spread less that 6), for each day of week and for each hour of the day the mean values of volume for that currency. check it out!

mean = sum(all values) / number_of_values

VolumeMeans.mq4 has to be put in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\indicators

it's an indicator script that can be used to generate matrix of volume means for every currency mentioned in the script, when generated it is put into C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\files and is named Volumes.csv

the results of these matrix are READY presented in the excel file as a charts, so you don't need to run the indicator

also below I've attached a screenshot of found cycles on one currency chart, and it shows that probably AO,AC,Momentum and ATR can be used to detect a move, while in the magic time.

GOOD TRADING EVERYONE, keep on the research!

a little sommary about volume...

many ideas but nothing to make money....

any kind of trackrecords or backtesting...

an idea is good if you make money...

What kind of post is this? Please feed me i'm five years old and can't carry my old spoon?

Seriously- did you even take a gander at this thread? Did you google volume spread analysis? Did you attempt to look for any journals online of volume trading?

Do you know what "google" IS? - People are here to help, but this post was rather lame.

allforex1:
a little sommary about volume...

many ideas but nothing to make money....

any kind of trackrecords or backtesting...

an idea is good if you make money...

Hello,

I am a newbie here, so a quick intro: I started trading (Spread Betting - I'm in the UK) getting on for a year ago. I had some success, but probably only because I was lucky to be in some nicely trending, relatively stable markets. I have few illusions about my prowess as a trader, and regard myself as very much still learning. I took a long break from trading, because I thought I was overtrading. When I got back into it, a month or so ago, I realised that the markets were a lot more volatile than when I'd last traded (well, "the news" would have told me that as well). So partly for that reason, but also because I realised that my previous trading had been a little naive at best, I'm effectively "back to school".

My main interests in trading are currencies, commodities (mainly Crude), and the odd dabble in indeces.

Actually, inspired by some reading around, I'm going to make a serious attempt at trading sans-indicators, using chart patterns, price action, S+R, Pivots and Fibs pretty much only (with a weather eye out for "the news" I guess). However, that's a longish-term exercise.

For the moment, and more relevant to this thread, I wonder if anyone has any knowledge of an MT4 version of the "enhanced OVB" indicator (On-Balance Volume). I don't have it to hand, but can post later, some code for another trading language which is supposed to be a better version of OBV. I'd have thought it should be a cinch for an MQL4 wizard to recode it in MQL4. Sadly, I am not that wizard. I do have a lot of programming experience from another life, but it was not MQL4, and not any other trading language. (I do recognise a lot of the constructs in MQL4 from C and PERL however, so in theory, I should be able to learn it, but I am aware that the reality of actually using a new language means that you make mistakes and it takes time, even if it seems familiar to one you already know).

OK, I've just googled and re-found the reference to the "enhanced" OBV:

Building a Better Mousetrap; On Balance Volume

BTW, I am aware that there seems to be some controversy as to whether "Volume" is worth the candle when trading Forex. I'm aware that it means something different in Forex, as compared to other markets, but I have seen commentary from people who appear to know more than I do about the markets, which did not lead me to the view that it was totally useless in Forex. As I say, I'm here to learn, and will be open-minded to any opinions on this matter. However, if I am going to look at "OBV", it might as well be a more meaningful version of OBV than the standard one

p.s. I post as "montmorency" on T2W Day Trading & Forex Community. (I messed up my registration here first time around, hence I had to use a slight variation on the name!).

Regards,

M.

Enhanced OBV Formula

Hi, here is the formula for enhanced OBV. I'm sure one of the talented people in here could turn it into an indicator if we ask them nicely.

Cumulative total of (volume * ((high-open) / (high-low))) -

Cumulative total of (volume * ((open-low) / (high-low)))

obv

hi montmorencyftsd

thanks for information and link

intresting

regards lodol

Reason: